Hilton Knoxville
The Oliver Hotel(Knoxville)
  • Breakfast included
Executive Inn(Knoxville)
1,354 results
All reviewsmarket squarethe executive loungeself parkconference centervalet parkingwithin walking distanceroom servicenice hotelvalet serviceheart of downtownut campusneyland stadiumgay streetfront desk staffnice stayenjoyed my staystaff was very friendly
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hilton is clean and well maintained. WiFi is free. Rooms are relatively spacious. Beds are comfortable. Flat panel TV works well. HBO is free. So far, so good.

Restaurant is fair; choice is limited, and the dinner chef, apparently attempting to be "creative" has designed some questionable recipes. Case in point is tempura shrimp that would have been tasty except that there is YELLOW MUSTARD infused beneath the batter. I forget the ingredients on the beds of shredded vegetables under the shrimp as well as under the battered calamari (which tasted much better than the shrimp, BTW), but one taste of each deterred me from a second taste. Breakfast buffet is pretty good, but not extensive, and omelets to taste are huge.

There is a Starbucks in the lobby, but it shuts down at 7PM. Not available for a 10PM cookie run.

Parking charge is outrageously high: around $15 overnight after tax. Even if you have a guest visit and park for a few hours, the full overnight tab is applied.

Bathrooms are adequate, but rather confining. It's pretty hard to sit on the commode without closing the door (why bother close the door in the middle of the night if you are the sole occupant of the room)? Bath towels were plentiful and gigantic (a real plus!). A hair dryer is supplied. So, all-in-all, if the bathroom were bigger, I would have rated it much higher.

Worst of all, they put a $25 hold on my charge card (for incidentals, as my host was paying for my lodging), and they never removed it. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company, and it is being pursued with the hotel.

Room Tip: The x21 (e.g., 821, 1521) rooms are right behind the bank of elevators, but in four nights at the Hilton in aforementioned rooms, I never heard the elevator. They are very convenient if you have difficulty walking.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I am sincerely sorry for your experience. We will review your comments as a team and will certainly improve especially in the area of our restaurant. The Wi-Fi connection will be 100% new before the end of the year. I do appreciate your feedback and please let me know if you have additional thoughts for us consider.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Arrived in the evening when it was dark and not much signage nor anyone to direct us to the entrance door as the main entrance and lobby was under construction. The location is central downtown. Nothing special about the rooms except our rate was very reasonable. Nice looking city with lots of restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for an eastside room - for a nice view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are very sorry for your experience; we are working on improving our property. Please let us know if you have additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

The Knoxville Hilton's number one plus is location, if you have business downtown. It's also (long) walking distance to Neyland Stadium, and the east side rooms have a nice view to the river and the Tennessee campus. It's also 3 blocks to Market Square, with a number of quirky and good restaurants. Rooms are large and comfortable. There's a bar downstairs but the night I was here it was pretty noisy, even though it wasn't full. A Starbucks is open during the day. Staff is friendly and accomodating. No free parking is nearby, so use hotel garage or valet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room abvove the 5th flr facing the river.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts after your recent stay at our hotel. We are certainly pleased with the great location we enjoy. Downtown Knoxville is such a wonderful place to visit for so many occasions. I was sorry to hear that you experienced some noise issues while in the hotel. I understand how such things can have a negative effect on a stay. We will certainly work to avoid these issues as we move forward. Thank you again for both your feedback and your business and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a wonderful time here--clean...did I say CLEAN? Very accommodating staff, great lobby area, coffee available in-room or there is a Starbucks off the lobby area. Convenient for walking to Market Square and other restaurants in the area also. I really enjoyed my stay here and loved Knoxville. I'll be back again and will stay here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. We enjoy hearing that our guests enjoyed their visit to our hotel and our city. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Nice location in town, then its downhill from there. Under refurbishment in the lobby so hard to get in and out of. Bad, inaccurate signage to redirect on arrival. Room was OK. One of the worst hotel restaurants I've ever been to. I stay in Hilton properties all over the world. My wife and I had poor food, bad service. There was no one to greet people and seat them so we saw guests show up at the restaurant, stand around for a while and when no one came to seat them they just went away. I travel over 50 nights a year - this is one of the worst hotels i've stayed at in the past few years.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and your frustrations. Although hearing about frustrating experiences is difficult it is a necessity for us to improve for our guests. We take feedback from our guests with and open mind and work to improve in the areas noted. I feel very confident that our team will respond to your feedback in a positive manner and improve in the areas you experienced that were not up to Hilton standards. Thank you again for your time and I do trust we have another opportunity to serve you.