“We love it here at the Knoxville hilton”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Litchfield Co CT
“We love it here at the Knoxville hilton”
Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

This was our second visit, we loved it last year and fell in love all over again this year, walking distance to all. Don't miss the farmers market the best one we have seen. The rooms are spacious, clean and updated

We will be back

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

I just wanted to thank you for letting us and others know of your positive experience in our city and at our hotel. That is exactly what we are looking for and we were pleased to know that you had a great visit. Please come back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
southern california
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for a weekend in Knoxville as I was speaking at some workshops. My wife and 2 year old toddler came along for the trip. We arrived late at night and the front desk staff were very courteous -- the friendliness of Southern hospitality I guess.

As requested, a playpen/crib was waiting for us in the room. The room had all the amenities one would expect of a "nice" Hilton. The bed was comfortable, the sheets clean and soft, and the bathroom was elegant and high quality.

The hotel is located within walking distance of some cool areas of downtown Knoxville and the neighborhood felt quite safe. I took my boy in the stroller for several walks in the blocks surround the hotel. The hotel also has some comfortable seating areas on the first floor as well as a starbucks coffee cart and a nice patio/courtyard outside.

One of the best things about this hotel: free wifi! It was a strong signal in our room as well as in the lobby areas. Despite being a major brand hotel, I was happy they didn't try to charge us some crazy amount (or any amount) for internet service when smaller/cheaper chains offer it for free. This is not what I'd typically expect from a major/large hotel chain... but maybe it is because the market is Knoxville TN?

All in all, it was a pleasant stay and the staff were great. No complaints and would recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

I just want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your visit to our great city. We will certainly welcome you back any time. Thank you again for your business and have a wonderful day.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel during a trip to Knoxville. Overall, the hotel was very nice. I ordered room service twice for breakfast during the stay. Breakfast was delicious and came much quicker than was estimated. The work out room is nice and clean with easy to use equipment. The only negative here was the room cards. Incredibly sensitive to being deactivated. I accidentally deactivated it by having it in my purse with my phone, and they were not even touching. Went to the desk and got a new one. By the time I made it out to the garage and into the car, I couldn't get out of the garage because it had deactivated again! If they're that sensitive, they should probably find another system.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear of your positive experience at our hotel and the fact that you enjoyed various amenities during your stay. I will certainly pass along your positive comments to those responsible for making it happen. As for the problem with the keys that you mentioned, we are working earnestly to achieve an appropriate solution to this issue for all of our guests. There is some process of elimination as we work through this but please know that we both read our guest comments and care about what they say. Thank you once again for sharing and have a great day.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Clean and spacious rooms and bathrooms! Restaurant and bar on property. Beautiful view if facing West to the Smokies!

Room Tip: View to the West on a high floor, and you will see the mountains.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience at our hotel and in our city. Yes, you are correct the view of the mountains is a fantastic and peaceful view. Please come back soon and thank you again for your business.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I think that I've mentioned before that I'm a Hilton Golan member. Basically this gives me upgrades, free Internet, access to the executive lounge etc... None of that really helped here. I was in town for a triathlon, and the hilton was convenient location wise. There were two weddings happening that weekend, so the staff were preoccupied with that. The lounge is supposed to close at 11, at 10pm I went up to get a snack and it was locked. I had a 4 am wake up and asked the staff if they could sort out something for breakfast - either open the lounge early as there were about 100 people in the hotel doing my race, or let me grab something from the lounge that evening. An out of the ordinary request for sure, but not really a big request. After two hours (!!!) of deliberation the staff said that neither was possible. I told them that I just wanted a bagel but apparently the staff at this Hilton were unable to make any decisions for themselves and didn't want to call the hotel manager for this. Sigh... So I just went int the kitchen and asked the surprised chef for a bagel.
So anyway, the room was fine, the area is nice, the staff were useless and the lounge lacking anything useful. I would definitely not stay here again though as the staff's inability to find even a single bagel was frustrating.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ok and renovated
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do not enjoy hearing of frustrations due to issues at my hotel but we certainly will address the situation when we do hear of them. First, I want to apologize for the lack of hospitality that we demonstrated during your stay. We should not allow any guest feel as though we are preoccupied with anything. We have an expectation to live up to as a Hilton Hotel and as a team are committed to doing just that. I trust that we will have another opportunity to deliver the expected level of service in the future. Have a great day.

Madison, AL
Reviewed May 26, 2012

The AuburnEE just finished a two night stay at the Hilton Knoxville (West Church Ave).

There is much to like about this Hilton property, but it has some issues as identified by previous posters here at tripadvisor. All in all, this will be the first property that I award only three stars…
The hotel is located in downtown Knoxville and is nearly adjacent to The Sunsphere (the symbol of the 1982 World’s Fair). I got to the hotel via a taxi and the cost was ~$30 (plus tip).

The rooms are standard fair for a Hilton hotel. The beds were comfortable enough, there was a flat-panel TV, a coffee maker with Lavazza coffee, etc. Unfortunately, upon further inspection, I saw some things I didn’t care for. The room “felt” old. The lighting seemed dim. The bathroom door looked as if it had been repainted at least three times. There was all sort of dust/lint on the bathroom counter. Most of my bathroom amenities (soap and shampoo) were missing. The shower had several areas where caulk was missing or hanging out. Even the marble walls in the shower screamed “1980s.” In other words, I didn’t think it was up to Hilton standards. One more thought: The air condition unit is a joke. Not only was it loud, it looks like something you'd find sticking out of the window of a Motel 6. NOT what I was expecting from a 3/4 star hotel...

Gym/Fitness room: The hotel has a decent size fitness room with plenty of weights and treadmills and ellipticals. Everything I used worked properly. Nice fitness room…

Restaurant: I ate breakfast (buffet) in the hotel one morning (I had a 50% off coupon). Breakfast is $13.95. Not worth that price, but worth it if you can get it for half the price. That said, there is a GREAT little restaurant about three blocks from the hotel: The French Market (thefrenchmarketknoxville.com). Awesome baguettes and crepes. Highly recommended for breakfast and lunch!

Et cetera: Parking at the hotel is $12 a day. Wow! Other parking can be found near Church Ave and S. Gay St if you don’t mind walking two blocks. The University of Tennessee campus is an easy half mile walk away (where I went was one mile away – still an easy walk, although there are some small hills). There is a Starbucks inside the hotel (I didn’t try it since I had free Lavazza coffee in the room). Personnel here are very friendly/courteous. If you have a problem, they’re happy to make things right. As you can see on tripadvisor.com, the hotel manager reads these reviews so they genuinely care and I think they are committed to improving the property.

Final thoughts: I will be traveling to Knoxville on and off for the next 18 months. Will I stay here again? It depends. If I can get a rate that is less than $90 like I did this time, probably so. If not, I will try the Hampton Inn that’s two blocks away. Cheers! The AuburnEE…

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AuburnEE
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your honest and educated feedback on your stay at our hotel. Although there were some positives it clearly did not meet your expectations or mine. I am sorry that the parking or the cost of parking was a challenge but I certainly understand. We will continue to work to provide as much value to our guests as possible in all areas. As for the general condition and upkeep of the room that part can certainly be addressed. We are partially complete with room upgrades that will put us on par with what is expected from a Hilton property. The other issues in your room will be reviewed and addressed immediately. Thank you again for sharing and I do trust that we are able to have you back in the future.

Los Angeles
Reviewed May 25, 2012

My son and I stayed at this hotel recently, and the stay was enjoyable in every aspect. Please note that this hotel is located in what appears to be a very safe part of downtown Knoxville, but the hotel does charge for parking but not unreasonably so. The front desk was p;easant and helpful, the rooms nice and comfortable. Within a block of the hotel is Knoxville's Federal Courthouse complex, which is quite different from the sterile, ugly modern courthouses one sees all too often traveling across America.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our property and our city. We are delighted when travelers share their positive experiences with us and other travelers. We hope to see you back in Knoxville soon.