“Property is very convenient to downtown attractions”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Roanoke
“Property is very convenient to downtown attractions”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I am currentlly staying at the Downtown Hilton, Knoxville, TN. I checked in on Friday, February 24, 2012, and will be checking out on Sunday, February 26, 2012. Overall, the facility is nice. Valet parking is $15 per day. Parking in the Hilton parking garage is $12.50 per day. There is a city owned garage beside the Hilton parking garage that is $8.00 per day and it is a very nice parking garage.
This Hilton is located across the street from the Convention Center. It is within walking distance of the 1982 World's Fair Sunsphere. You can also walk to the Tennessee Theatre and other theatres.
Upon check in yesterday at noon, I had lunch in the hotel restaurant. They were offering a salad, pasta and pizza for $8.95 per person.
I would recommend this property for anyone looking to stay in the downtown Knoxville area.

Room Tip: Upon arrival, my room wasn't ready. I waited 1.25 hours for it to be ready. It was still not rea...
2 Thank Touring16
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving fellow travelers some details about your stay with us. We are delighted when we help our guests enjoy the many exciting things that are close to our hotel in downtown Knoxville. I do apologize for the delay you experienced upon check in; we certainly look to avoid such challenges. Thank you for choosing the Hilton Knoxville and we hope to have you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, Very clean, updated and nicely appointed and designed. I didn't like the parking charge as it is Knoxville but it is a Hilton and does the name a good service. I stayed on the Executive level on the 17th floor and the room was spacious and had a great view. Centrally located to all that Knoxville had to offer. A good value with AAA. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Gene63
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are always delighted at the opportunity to thank our associates for positive guest feedback. I trust that you will be able to come back to Knoxville soon.
Shoreline CT
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Here are the highlights:
This property is under construction, the upper key access rooms are very nice and almost done. I picked this property for a team of 8 folks for a week.....most were happy, one checked out after one night. The menu in the restaurant and the bar are the same, the service in the bar is SLOW, expect a wait, even when there is not many people there.
The location is very good (so they say), yet I did not have the opportunity to venture out into the city.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feed back on your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you will come back again for your future visits. When we are with our renovation, I believe our hotel will be at a level that is expected of our Hilton brand. I will also utilize your other comments as means to ensure both I and my associates respond to every guest interaction in a truly hospitable manner. Thank you again for your business and I look forward to serving you in the future.
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently stayed for 3 nights to attend some training at a local business. The rooms were nice but starting to show a little wear. (I believe they may be renovating now) The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable (except for a semi-smart comment from one bellhop). The breakfast buffet was excellent. I will most likely stay again next time in town for business,

Room Tip: North Side has a slightly better view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Old Forge, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2012

When I checked in, everything seemed normal, as I walked by the large poster showing the renovations being done wait ... renovations? I made my reservation through the Hilton website - there is no such notice of renovations. I get to my room after walking out of the elevator to an unfinished hall. The room has a persistent odor of paint and adhesives, clearly this room was recently finished, or not so finished as I see the vent cover off the bath vent. Okay, its late and I don't want to crab, after all, I feel comfortable being able to walking on a clean carpet! But in reality for staying three nights, I would have preferred not to have the smell, especially when the window doesn't open.

So I decide to go downstairs to dine at the bar. I sit down, get a beer, and the bar kleep drops a menu. I sit it down not certain what I want yet. She comes back and asks if I'm ready to order, I say that I'm not decided yet. She leaves taking the menu with her to give to another customer...really! I remark that I still need the menu and she tosses me a new menu with some grumbling. As the night goes on, she makes rude remarks and is clearly not representative of what I expect from Hilton employees. The other bar keep was very pleasant.

Overall, the hotel is not bad. It is in a great location, easy walk to everything downtown. Also the majority of my stay was exceptional and friendly. I really only wish the hotel stated on their website that it was undergoing renovations.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service that you experienced in our bar. As a team we take great pride in our commitment to guest service and clearly we did not deliver that in your case. Again, I sincerely apologize and assure you that we will address the issue in a positive manner in correcting the problem. As for the renovation, I understand that this can be a frustration if the work affects your stay. It was our desire to shield our guests from the work but again, we clearly did not do that affectively. I do trust that you will have another opportunity to visit our hotel and have a more pleasant experience.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying two nights at the Hilton Knoxville. We were on our way back from Florida, and it was an awesome spot to stop and relax for the final two nights of 2011. The location was excellent, as we were able to stroll around downtown (thankfully to it being in the 50's outside) and check out the whole area. Our spacious room lived up to the standards of a Hilton and had a view of Neyland stadium and the southern end of the city. The room service menu was very reasonable and the food was very tasty (extremely large portions). The gym was one of the best that we have ever used in a hotel...it was fully stocked with equipment. The staff was amazing and so friendly! I distinctly remember the breeze of checking out...from the bellman to the valet, we were able to get right through the hustle and bustle of New Years Day crowd, and the car was right waiting there for us. After we hopped in to make our way home, the first thing I said to my girlfriend was "this was the perfect way to start the new year!" Thank you, Hilton. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to start your yea with us. We love to hear comments such as yours since it gives us an opportunity to thank the associates who are responsible for your positive experience. Have a great day!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

A dependable Hilton in a good downtown location that made for good walking. We were traveling with our dog, who was well-received -- the pet-friendly room was down a hall on the fourth floor and as high a standard as any Hilton room that I've had in the world. On check-in, we got a coupon for a free coffee from the Starbucks outlet in the lobby - a nice touch. Parking is in an adjacent public parking lot, a quick walk back to the hotel. I'd gladly return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. We welcome "All" guests and are especially pleased when they share their positive experience with us and others.