“Perfect way to start the new year!”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Perfect way to start the new year!”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying two nights at the Hilton Knoxville. We were on our way back from Florida, and it was an awesome spot to stop and relax for the final two nights of 2011. The location was excellent, as we were able to stroll around downtown (thankfully to it being in the 50's outside) and check out the whole area. Our spacious room lived up to the standards of a Hilton and had a view of Neyland stadium and the southern end of the city. The room service menu was very reasonable and the food was very tasty (extremely large portions). The gym was one of the best that we have ever used in a hotel...it was fully stocked with equipment. The staff was amazing and so friendly! I distinctly remember the breeze of checking out...from the bellman to the valet, we were able to get right through the hustle and bustle of New Years Day crowd, and the car was right waiting there for us. After we hopped in to make our way home, the first thing I said to my girlfriend was "this was the perfect way to start the new year!" Thank you, Hilton. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andy M
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to start your yea with us. We love to hear comments such as yours since it gives us an opportunity to thank the associates who are responsible for your positive experience. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2012

A dependable Hilton in a good downtown location that made for good walking. We were traveling with our dog, who was well-received -- the pet-friendly room was down a hall on the fourth floor and as high a standard as any Hilton room that I've had in the world. On check-in, we got a coupon for a free coffee from the Starbucks outlet in the lobby - a nice touch. Parking is in an adjacent public parking lot, a quick walk back to the hotel. I'd gladly return.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience at our hotel. We welcome "All" guests and are especially pleased when they share their positive experience with us and others.

Florida
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We've stayed at the Hilton Knoxville twice, when we've travelled to Knoxville for New Year's Eve. Both times have been great. The rooms are big and clean. The customer service is great. The hotel is located in a really good area and close to everything we wanted. You can walk to the square and eat at the Tomato Head, which is awesome. Don't miss it! It feels really safe to walk around at night, but still easy to get back home when you're done.

P.S. We didn't have any issues with the construction, but I did see workers around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear from our valued guests who are sharing their positive experiences with us and fellow travelers. We utilize these moments to celebrate with our associates who make us successful. Thank you for allowing us this opportunity and we hope to see you back soon.

Boone, NC
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Thank goodness I had ear plugs for my trip. My husband and I went just to catch up on some sleep (we have a 2 year old!) Construction noise would have ruined my afternoon nap plans if I hadn't had my ear plugs. The worst part is they started working at 8am on a SATURDAY morning! My contractor husband laid in bed guessing what they were working on over our heads. Not very relaxing! In an 18 story hotel, it seems that they could close certain parts of the hotel for construction.
When we complained, the staff was very nice and gracious. I could tell they have taken lots of heat for this, but they were still very understanding and asked what they could do to help. So, if you're going to stay there, ask specifically for a room far away from the construction if possible!

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience that our renovation project caused you. I understand that it is difficult to experience these frustrations when you are traveling. I do trust that my associates did their best to correct the issue. We certainly will ensure that we take all steps possible going forward to shield our guests from our improvement projects. Thank you again for your business and your feedback it really does make a difference for us.

Sincerely
South Pasadena, FL
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Another reviewer said it perfectly...service makes up for the remodeling. If you work night shift or plan to work in your room during the day make sure you ask the front desk where you are staying right now - as they start banging at 9am and will still be going around 6pm. Computer with good speed in lobby area, staff will fax for you at front desk. Cons: bathroom door placement, air blows loud from a/c -needed to turn up volume 5-6 units every time it came on, hearing newspaper "plops" at 430am up & down the hall, always needing to remember to have cash for valet, room-service food. Pros: bright bathrooms, the view, staff, the 18th floor for breakfast & then a beer/soda at night, Starbucks on site.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I do apologize for the frustrations you noted. We can certainly correct some of the issues you mentioned and I commit to doing just that. It is with the help of loyal travelers such as yourself that we are able to continue to improve and move forward. Thank you very much for your honest and well said feedback. Have a great day.

Sincerely
Denver
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2weeksin 2 different room. Both rooms were the same size and had similar features. There is a coffee maker in the rooms, no microwave or small refrfrigerator. The hotel has a restaurant in the lobby (pretty good food, but that's a different review). There's also a Starbucks in the lobby and a bar that serves appetizers in the early e ening.
My 2-week stay coincided with the hotel remodeling so there were times when I returned from work before the workmen were done for the day. I heard a limited amount of work noise but I wasn't disturbed by it.
The room I stayed in the first week smelled of paint which faded after a day. The room was clean but had other issues travelers might want to know about. The second room had no paint smell and was also very clean.
The door to the hallways, in both rooms, appeared to be new but didn't fit the doorframes. Naturally, a lot of hallway noise could be heard easily and,at night, hallway light showed around the door. In the second room, I could see the hall carpet through the crack. Oddly, the bathroom doors fit their frames perfectly.
The hotel management was aware of the problems related to the remodel and was proactive in helping guests with the inconveniences - breakfast coupons, meal discounts, Starbucks coupons. The hotel staff was helpful, pleasant, courteous,responsive.
I would book another room - this hotel was full, very busy with guests and remodeling but was still responsive and professional in dealing with it.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for your patience as we work to improve. I fully understand the challenges that you experience and how they can influence your stay. I do believe that you will be pleased with the final result when our work is completed. Your comments on our service our truly appreciated and I will share them with the entire team. We look forward to your return.

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed January 10, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over Christmas holiday and were very pleased. The breakfast buffet was quite good, with a large variety and very pleasant staff (especially since they had to work Xmas morning). There is also a Starbucks in the lobby which is a great convenience. I would have liked to have a refrigerator & microwave in the room, but otherwise I can think of nothing lacking.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us some positive feed back on our hotel and your experience. We will share your comments with our team and they will certainly be pleased and motivated to continue the effort. Have a great day.