“A Comfortable Place to Stay”
Review of Hilton Knoxville

Hilton Knoxville
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 9, 2011

The comfortable rooms, large, luxurious lobby, and welcoming staff have made this a favorite place to stop on our way to visit friends in the West. All staff was outstanding- alert, friendly, and competent, they made us feel at home. Very comfortable bed, well laid-out rooms, although the decor in our room this time was a bit shabby - wall covering pealing in places especially the bathroom, and the shower controller was difficult to use - probably overdue for the renovations which had already graced our previous rooms. As usual, we had a wonderful dinner at the lobby gourmet restaurant, Marty's Cafe, and a breakfast buffet with a wide selection of quality foods and made-to-order omelets, among the best we've encountered. Love this hotel. Easy on and off the highway, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a high up view of the river.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
pjordan2024, General Manager at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feed back on the Hilton Knoxville hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and the service that we provide. You will be pleased to know that we will begin further renovations this year and will continue the project into the coming year as we work to maintain the level expected by our valued clients. Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to serving you in the future.

Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,276)

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I would never stay at this hotel again. We requested a NON SMOKING ROOM and did not get what we reserved. We had prepaid so we had to stay and the management was not helptul AT ALL. I would NEVER stay at this property again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back on our hotel. Although we do not enjoy hearing of negative experiences, guest feed back is vital to our industry and appreciated in all cases by our hotel. Allow me to sincerely apologize for the experience you had. I fully understand that being in a smoking room when it is not your desired choice does have impact on your ability to enjoy your stay. It is always our desire to accommodate guest room type preference since it is so vital to their travel needs. We will review our preparation for coming arrivals to ensure we are doing all that we can do to allow our guests to enjoy the room type that fits their needs. Please rest assured that we are committed guest service and strive to exceed our guest’s expectations. It is clear that we did not achieve this goal in your experience and for that I again offer my sincere apology. I trust that we have another opportunity to serve you on your future visits to Knoxville, TN.

Paul Jordan

Reviewed February 22, 2011

Gym has a full set of weight machines, free weights, and of course tredmill/elipticals.
Also great fast wifi for free.
Great staff too!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the fitness center and your stay with us! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville! Please call me if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed February 15, 2011

Easily the worst stay at a Hilton I've ever had. Couldnt sleep the first night due to the noise coming from the hall. Investigated further in the morning and discovered there were 3" gaps under all the doors. I took photographs of the rooms occupants from outside. The fronts desk didnt seem at all concerned. This hotel could be a perverts heaven.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank eodgypsy
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2011

I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us last April. On behalf of the entire staff of the hotel, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our guest room doors that have since been corrected. In 2010, we installed all-new “quiet close” guest room doors with flaps that lower when the door is closed. Thank you for staying with us; we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.
<Fran Owen, CHSP / Director of Sales & Marketing / Hilton Knoxville>

Reviewed December 21, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Knoxville for our 21st anniversary to watch our favorite college teams compete against each other. As this was a well known rivalry game in the the south, we expected a lot of noise along with less than the best in accomodations. The Knoxville Hilton exceeded our expectations by having our room ready to check in prior to game time. The room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The noise levels were low and the staff even sent a complimentary fruit and champagne service to our room to celebrate our Anniversary. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
HiltonKnoxville, Director of Sales at Hilton Knoxville, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2011

Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Hilton Knoxville. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

I stayed for several days, being in town for a convention. The room was spotless, I can only praise the daily housekeeping, and the room condition was excellent. Wireless network access available free of charge, with an excellent bandwidth in the room as well.
The breakfast selection basically boiled down to the expensive buffet, a bit a disappointing lack of choice.
There is a number of details that bothered me during my stay:
- All windows totally sealed: an uncomfortable feeling
- No in room safety deposit box, not even a small one
- A window heating/cooling unit, thus very noisy
- Door to the hallway not at all sound proof
It was okay, but nothing more

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We truly appreciate your comments, as they help us to focus on areas that may need improving. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Knoxville.

Reviewed October 29, 2010

I am a Hilton Honors member, which only requires a free sign-up. When you do this, you receive a few perks, like a room on a higher floor and access to night-time snacks, etc. My husband and I stayed overnight at this Hilton in Knoxville. It was centrally located, very clean, with nicely appointed rooms and a comfortable bed. Nice toiletries and a very nice breakfast. The staff was friendly and efficient. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business