“Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff

Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff
Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Osceola, United States
“Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel was easy to find, easy access from the interstate. The staff was friendly and courteous. Everything was clean and I felt comfortable, which doesn't usually happen when I stay in a hotel. I was worried to see my room was so close to the elevator but I never heard elevator noise. I had a nice rest and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and the hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to your return! We love having you here!
Hampton Inn West @ Cedar Bluff - Knoxville, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Austin, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your compliments regarding our friendly, professional staff, good service, clean and very comfortable rooms! Out staff take pride in providing excellent service for our guests. I hope you and your son had a safe trip to Texas, and we wish you and your family a wonderful 2014!
Hampton Inn West @ Cedar Bluff - Knoxville, TN

Reviewed 5 days ago NEW Was helping my son move from east coast to Texas. Arrived at Hampton-Inn Knoxville in the evening of Christmas Day. Property is convenient to freeway, but room is well insulated -- no road noise. Located in area with several restaurants. Friendly, professional staff, good service, clean and very comfortable rooms.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although the North Knoxville Hampton is closer to my family's home, we stay at Cedar Bluff because of the staff. They are always great and they keep me happy - even when other guests are being noisy jerks. when the hotel had some noisy people there, the front desk moved us to the basement where we were the ONLY guests! It was great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you so much for your kindness! We absolutely enjoyed having you stay with us, and look forward to your return.
We wish you a safe and happy 2014!
Hampton Inn West @ Cedar Bluff

nashville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

We love Hampton Inns and this is one of the top ones we stopped at. Very pretty lobby, fresh cookies, friendly staff and comfy bed made our stay most comfortable. We'll stop here again. My husband lost his reading glasses while there and the housekeeping arranged to have them sent to us. They were most helpful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your compliments regarding your recent stay with us! Our staff takes pride in providing quality serivce, and they are always excited to have their efforts acknowledged.
We love having you here, and look forward to your return visit in 2014!
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed an many other Hampton Inns around the country and this is the first one that did not meet my expectations. The breakfast was disappointing to say the least, room maintenance lacked - torn caulk, doors swinging open on own, AC unit making noise, etc. Staff was friendly but not very helpful - always saying it isn't their fault - it was company policy - That's a load of BS because at other Hamptons it wasn't like this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Mike B
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAvvisor. It is communication, such as yours, that enables us to correct any issues that occur at our hotel. I wanted to let you know that Hampton Inns have implimented a new breakfast. During the month of December, we were switching over. I apologize for the disappointment that you experienced during that time. Also, I will be happy to discuss your maintenance concerns with our staff. We have a preventative maintenance program in place, and I will make sure your comments are addressed immediately.

Again, thank you. We value you as a guest, and I hope you will give us another chance to take care of you in the future.

Lisa Benker, Geneal Manager
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

My group of 8 recently stayed with this Hampton Inn for a 2 day conference in Knoxville (4 rooms). Overall, our stay was pleasant. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was warm and filling. All people in the group commented on the quality of the breakfast foods, compared with most hotel breakfast choices. We did not have any problems with the hotel until after we checked out.

We all checked out the morning of December 13. After attending a half-day conference, the group decided to head home. An hour into our return trip home, my roommate realized she left her North Face jacket hanging in the hotel closet. Since she was driving, I immediately called the hotel to inquire about the jacket and discuss having it shipped to her home. The front desk informed me they do not deal with items left in the room, and they transferred me to "housekeeping." I had to leave a detailed message on an answering machine, so I left my name, phone number, hotel room number, and the reason I was calling, with a detailed description of the jacket. Housekeeping did not return the call, so I called back a few hours later. I was informed housekeeping was gone for the night, but I could leave another message and they would return it ASAP the next morning. No one from housekeeping called, so my roommate began calling them the following day. After several attempts to contact them, she finally spoke with someone who told her they had found nothing in the room. The hotel employee stated, "If a jacket was left in the room, it would have been documented in the log book." My roommate spoke with different people in the housekeeping department, all of whom stated there was nothing found in our room, and they all assured her the closet was checked and cleaned upon our departure. Housekeeping offered to send her a "similar" jacket they had found that had never been claimed.

First of all, my friend takes full responsibility for leaving the jacket in the closet. While we were in Knoxville, she wore a dress coat and never had occasion for the now-missing North Face jacket. We understand it is her responsibility to keep up with her items; however, we were both very disappointed with the lack of assistance given by housekeeping. They completely deny anything was found in the room and simply say, 'There is nothing noted in the log book.'

I am hesitant to book with this hotel for any future conferences or gatherings in Knoxville. I caution any future travelers to make CERTAIN you have all of your valuables and belongings with you upon leaving this hotel (for the day or for departure). There is no reason this jacket should not be logged in the "Lost/Found Items" book, other than the fact someone found it and chose to not turn it in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stefany G
Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I certianly appreciate your compliments regarding our clean hotel, staff, and the quality of our breakfast.

I want to apologize for your friend's missing jacket. I, personally, went to housekeeping and helped them look through our lost and found items. There were several jackets, and we were holding one North Face jacket, however, it did not meet the descripton of your friend's jacket. Items that are left in guest rooms and taken to "Lost and Found", and it is noted in the log. Unfortunately, there was nothing in the log book. If your friend happens to find the jacket in her luggage after returning home, please let me know,

Again, thank you for your comments. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

I hope you have a safe holiday season, and we wish you all the best in 2014!

Corpus Christi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel has everything you expect from a Hampton - clean, comfortable rooms, good gathering area downstairs, breakfast included, etc. The location is convenient to the mall and Turkey Creek areas. The price is hard to beat, with a rate well under $100 per night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor! Please come back and see us the next time you are traveling through Knoxville... We love having you here!

Wishing you a wonderful 2014,