“Disappointment in Knoxville”

Ranked #9 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Disappointment in Knoxville”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have stayed an many other Hampton Inns around the country and this is the first one that did not meet my expectations. The breakfast was disappointing to say the least, room maintenance lacked - torn caulk, doors swinging open on own, AC unit making noise, etc. Staff was friendly but not very helpful - always saying it isn't their fault - it was company policy - That's a load of BS because at other Hamptons it wasn't like this one.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Mike B
Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey on TripAvvisor. It is communication, such as yours, that enables us to correct any issues that occur at our hotel. I wanted to let you know that Hampton Inns have implimented a new breakfast. During the month of December, we were switching over. I apologize for the disappointment that you experienced during that time. Also, I will be happy to discuss your maintenance concerns with our staff. We have a preventative maintenance program in place, and I will make sure your comments are addressed immediately.

Again, thank you. We value you as a guest, and I hope you will give us another chance to take care of you in the future.

Lisa Benker, Geneal Manager
Hampton Inn West
Knoxville, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My group of 8 recently stayed with this Hampton Inn for a 2 day conference in Knoxville (4 rooms). Overall, our stay was pleasant. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was warm and filling. All people in the group commented on the quality of the breakfast foods, compared with most hotel breakfast choices. We did not have any problems with the hotel until after we checked out.

We all checked out the morning of December 13. After attending a half-day conference, the group decided to head home. An hour into our return trip home, my roommate realized she left her North Face jacket hanging in the hotel closet. Since she was driving, I immediately called the hotel to inquire about the jacket and discuss having it shipped to her home. The front desk informed me they do not deal with items left in the room, and they transferred me to "housekeeping." I had to leave a detailed message on an answering machine, so I left my name, phone number, hotel room number, and the reason I was calling, with a detailed description of the jacket. Housekeeping did not return the call, so I called back a few hours later. I was informed housekeeping was gone for the night, but I could leave another message and they would return it ASAP the next morning. No one from housekeeping called, so my roommate began calling them the following day. After several attempts to contact them, she finally spoke with someone who told her they had found nothing in the room. The hotel employee stated, "If a jacket was left in the room, it would have been documented in the log book." My roommate spoke with different people in the housekeeping department, all of whom stated there was nothing found in our room, and they all assured her the closet was checked and cleaned upon our departure. Housekeeping offered to send her a "similar" jacket they had found that had never been claimed.

First of all, my friend takes full responsibility for leaving the jacket in the closet. While we were in Knoxville, she wore a dress coat and never had occasion for the now-missing North Face jacket. We understand it is her responsibility to keep up with her items; however, we were both very disappointed with the lack of assistance given by housekeeping. They completely deny anything was found in the room and simply say, 'There is nothing noted in the log book.'

I am hesitant to book with this hotel for any future conferences or gatherings in Knoxville. I caution any future travelers to make CERTAIN you have all of your valuables and belongings with you upon leaving this hotel (for the day or for departure). There is no reason this jacket should not be logged in the "Lost/Found Items" book, other than the fact someone found it and chose to not turn it in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stefany G
Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I certianly appreciate your compliments regarding our clean hotel, staff, and the quality of our breakfast.

I want to apologize for your friend's missing jacket. I, personally, went to housekeeping and helped them look through our lost and found items. There were several jackets, and we were holding one North Face jacket, however, it did not meet the descripton of your friend's jacket. Items that are left in guest rooms and taken to "Lost and Found", and it is noted in the log. Unfortunately, there was nothing in the log book. If your friend happens to find the jacket in her luggage after returning home, please let me know,

Again, thank you for your comments. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

I hope you have a safe holiday season, and we wish you all the best in 2014!

Hampton Inn West
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The hotel has everything you expect from a Hampton - clean, comfortable rooms, good gathering area downstairs, breakfast included, etc. The location is convenient to the mall and Turkey Creek areas. The price is hard to beat, with a rate well under $100 per night.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your kind comments on TripAdvisor! Please come back and see us the next time you are traveling through Knoxville... We love having you here!

Wishing you a wonderful 2014,

Valley Grande, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Pulled off the interstate at an exit with plenty of rooms and restaurants. Was pleasantly surprised to find a Hampton with a good selection of eating establishments nearby. Excellent room! It was very close to the exit with easy access to all businesses in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your compliments on TripAdvisor! Guest satisfaction is our goal, and I am excited that we were able to offer you an "excellent room" on your return trip from PA.

We love having you here, and we wish you all the best in 2014!

Pinehurst, North Carolina
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Room Tip: Carrabba's restaurtant is just minutes away on the southside of US 40.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your compliments regarding our friendly staff, clean rooms, wonderful cloud nine bedding, and great breakfast! Our staff looks forward to taking care of you again in the future.

I wish you a safe holiday and a wonderful 2014!

“Excellent Hampton Inn”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 Easy to get to, right off of US 40. Friendly staff, spotlessly clean, great room with the wonderful Hampton Inn bedding. Breakfast was great. This hotel is exactly why we look for Hampton Inn's while traveling.

chattanooga
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Good location close to I40/I75 with lots of restaurants close by. Ten minutes from downtown Knoxville. Have stayed here multiple times. Good value. Pleasant and efficient staff. Breakfast area is large enough to accommodate a lot of hotel guests. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Lisa B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor! I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff. They take pride in providing friendly and helpful service to our guests.
Have a wonderful weekend, and we look foreard to your return... We love having you here!
fort wayne, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I'm not in the mood to write anymore. I would not let anyone stay at this hotel. Over priced because of a football game when we just came to see are new granddaughter!!!The room was small and the fridge was next to the bed AND kept me up. Had to unplug it to get any sleep. the beds were soft.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. It is communication, such as yours, that enables us correct issues. Our in-room refrigerators are new and should be working properly. Please call me at your convenience. I would like have your room number so our Chief Engineer can check the refrigerator. All of our guest rooms have Cloud Nine bedding and Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses, which are Hampton Inn standards. I am so sorry that you thought it was soft.

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to hearing from you soon.