“Great Respite After Long Trip”

Hampton Inn Knoxville-West At Cedar Bluff
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Wisconsin
“Great Respite After Long Trip”
Reviewed March 27, 2008

We stayed at this Hampton on the way from Wisconsin to Florida on a family spring break. Beds were amazing and comfy. We ended up in the suite, which was great. Our only lament is that we got there relatively late and were on the road early too early to fully enjoy the hotel. Breakfast was fine: Well stocked, and replenished well. All in all, a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed March 2008
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbus, OH
Reviewed March 12, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn West for one night last week and had a wonderful stay. As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel appears to be totally renovated because we thought it was brand new. The lobby and breakfast areas were absolutely spotless and beautiful, and our room was one of the best we've seen in a Hampton. We were on a long road trip and called this hotel directly for a reservation - the front desk agent I spoke to was very friendly and professional, both on the phone and in person. The hotel was safe and quiet, and it was located close to several restaurants so we easily found a nice place for dinner.
All in all, we had a great stay and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Florida Panhandle
Reviewed May 6, 2007

With all of the hotel choices in the nearby area, including other Hamptons, I would recommend looking for another place to stay rather than here.

Let me say the pro's first: The hotel has been upgraded and the rooms are very, very nice. The bedding is VERY upscale, as is the bathroom and the furniture. They have blackout accordion curtains--nice for a dark sleep environment. (The curtain draw was broken, and the drawback w/ that kind of blind is that you couldn't open the blind to let in sunlight without everyone seeing into your room.) There were also some covered parking spots, but they're a distance from the main hotel tower.

The breakfast bar was nice, as usual. I did come downstairs after 1000 one day to get a glass of juice, and the machines where turned off. This is the first Hampton I've seen that doesn't let you have juice and coffee throughout the day.

However nice the room is, the service is the make-or-break. My number one expectation is to be able to leave my items in my room, IN MY SUITCASE, without them being gone through or picked over by a staff person, or even moved (especially when there is absolutely NO reason for anyone to touch the case on an unused bed). And when one asks for the staff to stay out of one's room in the future to preclude those events from happening again.... well, one expects that folks would stay out of your room. Unfortunately, that didn't happen.

And the morning I checked out, my paper wasn't on the door. This is the first Hampton that hasn't given me a paper on checkout day. (The bill found its way under the door, though!) :) lol

They had a phone by the elevator door by the covered parking, in case of an emergency, or if your card was forgotten or didn't work. After trying it one late evening, it rang some poor soul on the 2nd floor on the other side of the hotel. I think they finally got that issue worked out, though.

I was surprised to see no refrigerator in the room, considering how nicely everything else in the room had been upgraded. Also, there's a wing that's a pretty good hike from the main tower/front lobby. So, if you're trying to bring breakfast (hot coffee) back to the room, you better be good at balancing, because I didn't see any trays to use!

Overall, with the literally dozens of choices in the area (and based on the circumstances of the stay), I won't be back to this Hampton. My property and peace of mind is too important to me.

• Liked — Upscale accomadations for a business hotel
  • Disliked — Having my things looked through
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank Renaissance_Gal
Alabama, USA
Reviewed January 11, 2007

I'm assuming this hotel was recently upgraded, because (contrary to reviews from a few years ago) it is a brand-new or nearly brand-new property. Very nice interior hallways, great bathrooms, large TV's. It had a "new hotel" feel, and is one of the nicer new Hamptons I've seen.

The difference in quality between the new Hamptons and the old ones is quite astounding. This is definitely one of the nice ones.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank ewoo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 18, 2004

I travel a lot and stay 4 nights at week at Hampton Inn's and the Hampton Inn Knoxville West is the best EVER! The staff was the most friendly and help group of people I have ever met. The buildings were up to date and very well maintained. My room was execptionally clean. This property recently installed wireless high speed internet access that is lightning fast. Also, the breakfast is new! There were hot items like sausage, eggs, french toast along with the usually stuff. This Hampton Inn in Knoxville is the best ever. I wouldnt stay any where else when I am in Knoxville.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2003

As another review points out, this motel is showing it's age. The bed and chairs were pretty uncomfortable. The room had a lot of mold/mildew in the bathroom ceiling areas. The general appearence of the room was shabby and cob webbed in the corners. The air conditioner was so noisy I had to literally wear ear plugs to sleep. It might have been an ok deal at half the price.

Memphis
Reviewed June 11, 2003

This property is showing it's age. The rooms have not been deep cleaned in some time. Dust has collected behind doors, cobwebs on the light fixtures and the bed needed to be replaced. I have stayed here about 3-4 times in 2002 and so far in 2003. The staff is very friendly. One other complaint is that this property is VERY near the interstate. My suggestion is you get a room as far away from the highway as possible.

2 Thank sdlittlefield