“Clean, Reasonably Priced Accommodations”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Florida
“Clean, Reasonably Priced Accommodations”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nothing very fancy here, but a good clean room and friendly staff await. "Continental Breakfast" was very minimal (2 cereals, thawed bagels and mini-muffins, juices and coffee) but other restaurants were nearby - some within walking distance. Overall decent value for services received.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street for more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chaparral24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed in motel over three days in July12. We were checked in by a nice gentleman, we requested an upstairs room. This area can be noisy , our room was facing east.The room was clean, maid service was careless. We were left without toilet tissue and mugs.The breakfast area is tiny , just two small tables.When I visited reception to request room service I encountered grim faced ladies working there, not friendly.

Room Tip: I think upstairs facing west is quietest
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ORIORDANT
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed here just one night, July 7, 2012 on our way south on vacation. I booked this hotel online and got the best rate of my entire trip. The only thing I can add to Zuzu61's review (that review is almost identical to what I had planned to say!), is that we enjoyed being able to walk across the street to Red Lobster for supper! We drove through Knoxville on our way home, but decided we wanted to try and drive a bit further towards home (Michigan) so we stayed in a Days Inn in London, KY (BIG mistake). We should have stayed at this hotel again on our way home.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We recently spent two nights at this hotel, one on the way to, one on the way back from our vacation in Florida.
The location is fabulous if you're traveling north or southbound on I75. It sits right by the road. There is plenty to eat nearby, at walking distance.
I found the room to be very clean. The bathroom was spotless clean as well. My only complaint is about the beds, that have sure seen better days. The mattresses were very old and uncomfortable on both rooms. But for 54 dollars a night, all we expected was a clean place to take a shower and rest for a few hours before getting back on the road, and this motel fit the purpose.
They serve a very light breakfast in the lobby, basically cereal, muffins, bagels , coffee and juice. But there is an IHOP and a Mc Donald's right next door in case you might want to have a heartier meal.
In overall I have no complaints but the bad beds, but would stay there again for an overnight stop.

1 Thank Theresa K
Indianapolis
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed one night, July 7, 2012.....too tired to continue driving home to Indiana. Had stopped at Tennessee Welcome Center earlier and noticed their ad in a travel coupon book. Chose this particular property because it looked new and up-to-date and it was also in a well-traveled, well-lighted area. Found the clerk very friendly and he checked us in immediately to a simple, but clean room. Room had a nice sized refrigerator and microwave (which we really didn't need)......but nice to know in case I travel this way again. Since I have heard horror stories of bed-bugs, I did my bed-bug checking routine and was relieved to find beds, linens, etc. very clean! Slept well and place was quiet! Breakfast provided was minimal, but better than nothing. Presented in a nice way for what they had available. Upon checking out, staff was again very pleasant and wished us safe travels. Would stay here again if traveling.

Clute
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I went to choice hotels site to make a reservation at MainStay Suites where I usually stay but the did not have a room so I made a reservation at Econo Lodge because I had an early flight out of Knoxville the next morning and the information said it was close to the airport. When I arrived at the hotel I asked the desk clerk how far the airport was and she said about 30 minutes away if traffic was good. I was suprised, and said why did the information say close to the airport? She said "Some people would think it was close to the airport." I told her this was not going to work because I had a 6:00 am flight and the cost of a cab for that far would be extremely expensive. She handed me the Choice hotels book and I called the Mainstay Suites on Fountain View Circle where I usually stay.and they remembered me and said of course we have a room for you. So I explained again to the desk clerk that staying at Econo Lodge that it wasn't going to work for me. She refused to answer or even acknowledge I was there. I apologized for the situation and she stil refused to talk. So once more I tried to talk to her and was ignored. I left the office. My sister went back in and told her we would report her and she said here I cancelled the reservation. My sister said that she had been rude and would be reported. She answered with "Have a Nice Day." We left and went to Mainstay Suites and they were wonderful. I think this desk clerk needs some training in customer service.

Room Tip: I cannot rate anything else since I did not get past the office.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank thepossummama
Dundee, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Our room was non smoking but smelled of stale cigarette smoke. The carpet looked so dirty that I was not comfortable walking in bare feet. The chair in the room was filthy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family