“Excellent”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,186 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Neyland Drive
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

the service was fantastic, the food to die for it, it is a little expensive, but is very good, my boyfriend said it was a place to have a romantic dinner and it was awesome!!!!

• Visited April 2013

Crossville, Tennessee, United States
“First visit”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

The view was wonderful. Started out with a Caesar salad. Entree was a filet with shrimp. Everything was wonderful. It is expensive, so be prepared. The service we received was above all others.It is defiantly a special occasion place.

• Visited April 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“First Half - Great as Usual. Second Half - Lost the Game”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I booked an early evening reservation here to celebrate my wife's birthday. We were seated at a river-view table for two. Our service at first was fantastic, as we have experienced at the many Ruth's Chris locations we've been to over the years. The food was delivered as expected, with the signature "sizzzzzzzzzzz" as our steaks arrived. Unfortunately, we both ordered our steaks (hers - the petite filet and mine - the ribeye) as medium rare. Hers came out medium, mine medium-well. They were still delicious but we were both a bit disappointed. All the sides were as expected.

The real disappointment came in the latter part of our stay. The attentive waiters seemed to be gone when we needed them after the food was delivered, perhaps due to the increase in the crowd that followed in.

I'm sure this location may be of the same caliber as the other Ruth's Chris restaurants we have enjoyed, but apparently, booking an early seating may put you into a situation where you experience the team playing a really good first half and falling on their butts the second half!

• Visited March 2013
Johnson City, TN
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I have recently started looking for "the best steak in the world". Due to our work schedules, we're not able to go out that often. So far, the best steak I've ever had came from The Peddler in Gatlinburg and my boyfriends favorite, from The Chop House in Kingsport. A friend recommended Ruth's Chris in Knoxville, said we'd be impressed. We made reservations for Saturday, March 2nd at 7pm. We waited less than 5 minutes to be seated. The multiple hostesses behind the counter were all smiles and everyone said hello. Our waitress, Stephanie, started off by asking us if we were celebrating a special occasion. We werent, but I thought that was a nice thing to ask. Also, the lady that seated us took away my white napkin and gave me a black one so I wouldnt get lint on my black skirt...very thoughtful :) The table was covered in glasses and silverware. I guess our booth was origanally set for 4 people but there was so much glass, I was afraid to move. I wish they would have taken some of it away before giving us the menus. Anyway, our waitress gave us a little history because it was our first time...and it DID sound impressive. They cook the steaks under an 1800 degree broiler and they are minimally seasoned with just salt, pepper, butter and parsley. We both ordered steaks, of course. I ordered the 16oz ribeye and my boyfriend got the T-bone (ounces not listed on menu). Mine was $43 and his was $49. I dont think we paid attention to the prices of anything else. If youre gonna pay $50 for a steak, does the price even matter anymore? The food was DELICIOUS!..Definitely the best steak I've ever had and my boyfriend agreed. The one pound loaded baked potato was equally delicious, even the ranch dressing on the salad was amazing. Also, we were drinking long island teas, 2 each. They were deceptively strong but very good. After a wonderfully filling dinner, we declined dessert, too full to even think about putting anything else in our mouths. Then, the bill. We were guessing how much the bill could be. I said $140, he said $130...it was $188!! We have never paid that much for a dinner for 2, not even close. It was $54 just for our drinks. But, it WAS delicious...and somewhat fancy. I dont think it wouldve felt so shocking had we been celebrating a special occasion. About the fancy schmancy setting...it looked and felt like it was going to be a snooty place, but it wasnt. Being someone who doesnt get out much, I didnt feel out of place at all. Some people were dressed up but its not necessary. We tipped our waitress $50, she was worth it. I would definitely recommend this place for a birthday or anniversary dinner. Its a little too pricey for a "normal night out", for us anyway. If you dont mind spending $200 on dinner, by all means, go often. Ruth's Chris has been moved to the top spot on our "Best steak in the world" list. Well done Ruth's Chris, we'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AllSunshineAndRoses
“Cowboy Ribeye and Chocolate Explosion equals a Touchdown”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent, and the view of the river was beautiful. What a way to celebrate a special occasion. Our servers assistant, Tim, was so helpful and friendly. Hey Ruth's Chris Knoxville: Why isn't Tim a head server? Don't let him get away, promote him.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!