“Best Meal on the Road We Ever Had”

Aubrey's Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2009

We went to Aubrey's on I-75 on the north end of Knoxville. This is a mix of true Southern cooking along with the all American burgers, steaks, etc. I had buttermilk dipped fried chicken that I will think about for the rest of my life! It was tender, juicy, had a perfect crust with absolutely no trace of fried taste or grease. The chicken was covered in white gravy that had just the right amount of pepper. My sides were incredible creamed corn and smashed new potatoes that also had a perfect amount of seasoning. I'm considered a really good cook and no way could I ever make anything this good. My husband had a small sirloin with their "soup of the moment" which was a nicely spiced creole soup. His coleslaw was great - not sopping with mayo. Everything that went by our table looked and smelled wonderful. Wish we lived there!

1  Thank SBTAMPABAY
There are newer reviews for Aubrey's Restaurant

Reviewed October 12, 2009

The menu chooses are what you get at an O’Charley, Ruby Tuesday’s or Applebee's, just your typical set down chain restaurant food. Be advised when I was back seeing family in the area that two of the location had failing scores from the health department. I might want to think twice before eating here in the near term.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great, friendly service and consistently good food. There's nothing on the menu that's not delicious, but the fried chicken breast smothered in cream gravy is outstanding. All it lacks is a good Southern biscuit to make it heaven on earth.

Reviewed October 8, 2009

Aubrey's has a wonderful patio with large tables for the whole crowd. Their appetizers and meals are excellent and it's a great place to watch the game!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Standard menu, well-prepared. Good potato chip appetizer.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook