“Hotel Desk Clerk Recommended”

Aubrey's Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Marietta, GA
“Hotel Desk Clerk Recommended”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were looking for a quick dinner after stopping for the night in Knoxville at exit 112. The desk clerk at our hotel said go across the street to Aubrey's. We didn't take her seriously since she had a menu that she handed us, and we thought that she had an incentive to send us. However, we looked around the area and came back. The parking lot was full, so we went in. It is a large place with an open kitchen. We were seating quickly. My wife had a 4 veggie plate and I had a southwestern chicken pasta. We enjoyed both very much. Great service as well.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank EastCobbFamily

Hickory, NC
“Tucked away hidden Restaurant. .worth finding”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Found this place through TripAdvisor ...decided to try it even with no pics posted..nice decor on the inside...food was very good had..Citrus Chicken Sandwich with Baked Potato Soup and Pimento Cheese and Smoked Sausage for Appetizer. ..excellent even though I dont believe they use mayo in it...different for the south..but no the less good. Service was ok..even though we felt a little rushed by her ...I guess because its a popular lunch place..will definitely go again if passing through

“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We were passing through Knoxville on I-75. I used the Trip Advisor app to identify highly ranked restaurants along the highway. Aubreys came up and we decided to try it. We were not disappointed.

We pulled in at about 5pm on a Friday. We were seated immediately. My son has a severe food allergy (peanuts) and they were very accomodating. The only disappointment was that one of their fried fish dishes had peanuts so that meant my son couldn't have anything out of the fryer.

My husband had a burger with pimento cheese. I had the chicken and pecan salad. We also shared some of the mac 'n cheese. It was all very good. The service was good and the atmosphere was nice. We will definitely stop here next time we are in Knoxville.

• Visited July 2014
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Accomodated 9 ladies with varied needs (like gluten free) no problem”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My tennis team was staying at a nearby hotel and decided to eat here our first night. They were doing a pretty good dinner service on a Thursday night but were able to get us a table for 9 ladies. Some needed gluten-free menus. Done. Some wanted vegetarian options. Had it. Others needed wine STAT. Done. Some wanted after dinner coffee...done, but we did have to wait a while for that one. I think they had to brew a fresh pot.

However the food was very good, no complaints from any of us. I was happy because they had one of my new favorite wines, Meiomi. (I was not the one who needed it STAT, however. But I wasn't complaining that they brought it so quickly either.) However, it was a good menu with plenty of options for all of us. Reasonably priced too.

• Visited June 2014
KNOXVILLE
“Veri good!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I got a burger with pimento cheese and jalapenos. It was really good! I got mushrooms for my side. The mushrooms tasted like they might have been out of a can so I shared some of mom's salad. It was really good and huge. The two of us could not eat it all. My boyfriend got the salmon and he loved it. Aubrey's is a great restaurant and they have a good environment.

• Visited July 2014