“Over rated and over priced”

Soccer Taco Sports Bar & Tc's
Ranked #218 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I had read in the Metro Pulse and other local papers that Soccer Taco was the best Mexican restaurant in Knoxville. Being a pretty big fan of Mexican I had been meaning to try it out for awhile. The restaurant looked put together nicely with the soccer theme on the inside. They had the customary salsa and chips, I also ordered queso dip. It was nothing special and the salsa was bland. I ordered a fajita chicken chimichanga. The food was bland and portions were small. Most Mexican places serve chimichangas busting out with chicken and most places have two. Not Soccer Taco. You get one tiny chimichanga. Once again I have found the citizens of Knoxville to be complete morons when it comes to selecting a best restaurant. The only thing I can think of is the margaritas must be strong enough to make you think what your eating is special. If you want Mexican food that is delicious and worth voting number one wait till Four o'clock and head over to Suburban Center and check out Chez Guevara.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have read everywhere that Soccer Taco is the "best" Mexican restaurant in Knoxville. I went for lunch and got a taco and burrito. They were both pretty bland and nothing special. The price was $8.99. I could have easily went to another place and had the same meal for less than $5. I don't understand all the hype about this place. Chez Guevara runs all over this place.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

There's almost no place to sit where you cannot see a screen or two for sports and other programming. Super food service. Their nachos serve two people easily and are delicious. One innovation is that deep fried locally prepared potato chips are served with them. I suppose you could request tortilla chips.

1  Thank TNBillm
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Soccer taco was a staple in college. Get arroz con pollo and you'll be happy. Margs are good. Price is cheap.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

The food was really good and the service was OK. The only thing we didn't like was not being able to have a conversation with the person across the table from you. Music was just to loud to enjoy and relax for us. Maybe next time we ask for an outdoor table.