“Good Food, Good Service”
Review of Big Fatty's

Big Fatty's
Ranked #219 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Tennessee
“Good Food, Good Service”
Reviewed February 9, 2012

After reading previous reviews I was curious about the food and the service. The owner and our waiter were friendly to us and my food was very good. I had the vegetable plate and my husband had the french dip sandwich. The sandwich was just okay but the vegetables were great. We then split a huge banana pudding which was good. We would go back to this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank smokymountainslover

“Large portions”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

They serve good home-style type food. I like it when I'm in the neighborhood, but I wouldn't drive across town to just go there.

Loudon, Tennessee
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Just discovered this great place a few weeks ago and now I can't get enough. The food is unreal. Home cooked and served hot! The Mac and cheese is to die for. But I haven't had anything that wasn't incredible. Don't miss it on Kingston pike. It's sort of hidden

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, but damn they're rude!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was my second time eating at Fatty's. The menu is plentiful and the food is so very good. Lunch is a bit pricy. However, the owner and her wait staff are incredibly rude. At one point I thought the rudeness was just a joke. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I felt like I was eating lunch at Rosanne Barr's house.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank MML181015
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Don't be put off by the name! Big Fatty's is amazing!”
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We just ate at Big Fatty's restaurant and catering because of a "Groupon" my husband bought. I was hesitant to go there, based on the name (seriously), but I'm so glad we did!
It is difficult to categorize their innovative but not fussy food, maybe Southern fusion? The setting is unpretentious, the staff friendly and knowledgeable, and the food incredible.

My husband had the daily special; fish tacos. Not the thing he would normally order, but the server described them so well, he did. Wow! First you choose corn or flour tortilla (he chose flour) then they fill it with crispy tender battered fried cod, pickled cole slaw, and avacado. Fresh salsa to top it off makes it a messy but wonderful dish. Perfectly seasoned Southern style pinto beans with cheese and rice came on the side. Excellent!

I had the fried shrimp, turnip greens, and green beans. The golden tempura fried shrimp was the biggest and best I have had in Knoxville in a long time (I have lived here 25 years). The turnip greens were cooked from fresh (not chopped up) turnip greens like my grandmama used to make, and the meltingly delicious green beans were cooked Southern style (for a long time) with butter. I could have made a meal of the green beans alone.

This is my first restaurant review. I hope I have done Big Fatty's enough justice for others to explore and enjoy.

• Visited September 2011