“good food, but takes more than that to impress”
Review of Sapphire

Sapphire
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapphire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #593 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Union Avenue
Transit: Trolley stops throughout Gay Street
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I bought a Groupon for Sapphire, and my husband and I went there for dinner. We sat on the patio which was nice, but the service was a bit slow. He got the Sapphire burger, and I got the polenta cake with shrimp. The food was great, no complaints there whatsoever. The server came back, and I asked for a dessert menu. 10 minutes later, she was still no where to be found. We had a movie to catch, so I went inside looking for her. She apologized that she hadn't come back out, and explained that they didn't have any dessert. What? What restaurant doesn't have dessert? The food was good, the but overall experience left room for improvement.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were on California time and hoping for a late night glass of wine on Sunday in Knoxville. Our hotel's bar closed at 10pm as did most bars on The Square in downtown Knoxville. We were happy to discover the Sapphire which is in an interesting space that used to house a fancy Jewelry Store. Antique jewelry cases now hold an art collection. We enjoyed our wine at the bar and had fun talking to the two nice girls who are bartenders.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Atmosphere was laid back and relaxed. One of the nicer bars/restaurants in Knoxville. They do offer one of the best drinks my wife has ever had. I believe it was a "Downtown Cougar". Good place to relax before switching over to eat at the great Downtown Grill and Brewery next door!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I liked going to the Sapphire. We went for my friend's birthday and she loves it! Great adult atmosphere and they had good drink specials too. There were some creppers there but thats normal for that area of Knoxville. But I enjoyed it overall!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

A cocktail is a cocktail is a cocktail. This place is for 20ish locals. Not a good place to wander in for a drink but more of a young crowd hangout.