“Wanting to like a place and actually liking it are two different things...”
Review of Oodles

Oodles
Ranked #437 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Uncorked Bar Books Vinyl Bistro contains K-Town's Best Wine and Bourbon Bars, an interior courtyard for intimate dining, an expansive outdoor patio for people watching on Historic Market Square, and a kitchen specializing in delicious small plates to share. Uncorked has turntables in both its Vino and Vinyl Bar and its Bourbon & Books Bar, so guests may choose the best vinyl in every genre of music to complete their experience in the beating heart of downtown Knoxville.
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

The food was absolutely delicious at Oodles. However, service was slow and sporadic (meaning sometimes we had 3 people hovering over us, and sometimes we waited 10 minutes for a refill on water), and our drinks were made incorrectly. Something just seemed "off" about this place. I dunno. I wish I could be more specific, but I can't. Anyway, delicious food isn't enough to bring me back here. The service simply must improve.

There are newer reviews for Oodles

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We happened upon Oodles while strolling the Market Square. It's delightful outdoor dining lured us in with fresh roses on the black wrought iron tables. It was one of the busier restaurants on the square which is always a good sign. But not crowded.
Lunch choices were excellent and reasonably priced - plus a pleasant surprise that the house wine is $3 a glass at lunch time.
There was a street musician in the square who was not intrusive but added to the relaxing ambiance.
I would definitely return and recommend.

1  Thank whyafish
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had a large group who came here to celbrate my birthday. The service was horrible and the manager was rude to most of our group. He argued with everyone, left his servers to clean up his mess and split our checks. That took OVER an hour. They also told us the wrong special and argued when we told them about it and complained.

We will never go back!

2  Thank KnoxvilleKim
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We are a young couple with a 10 month old baby. We went to oodles around 4:30 one afternoon, and we were greeted by a nice young man (the host) to seat us. As we were walking towards the table, I told him we would need a high chair, please. He was very polite and said, "Of course, let me go get one." Well.. around 5 minutes passed.. no high chair. My husband and I saw a table with 2 high chairs seated near us, so I was sure they had them readily available. Wrong! We watched for another 5-10 minutes while waiters scrambled around for a high chair. Finally, what I assumed to be the manager (a young woman) stepped out and told us she was "looking for a high chair". Then, a man came by to get our drink order. Another 5 minutes went by.. no high chair. I saw them ask the other table if their son could use a booster seat instead, because another customer needs this high chair. The table said no, understandably. Finally, the manager looked at the host right in front of us and said, "There's no more high chairs. We only have 2 high chairs" and walked off. The host was very apologetic, and we just left with no food, no nothing. Here are the problems I have:

The manager was EXTREMELY unprofessional. Not ONCE did she apologize to us, offer us a suggestion, or even introduce herself to us. We got nothing out of her. She acted very standoffish and rude as if we were an annoyance. It really upset me. Terrible management.

Also, how does a popular restaurant in Market Square only have 2 high chairs?? As a parent, I am very disappointed in this. This restaurant is absolutely not family friendly in any way. What do they do when they're packed for lunch an dinner? It makes me wonder how many other families have had to be turned away due to lack of child devices.

Overall, I am VERY disappointed in this place. I will never go back, and I will never recommend it to friends.

4  Thank MrsLukeL
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Lovely spot on Knoxville's historic Market Square. We enjoyed a terrific Caesar salad and a pasta puttanesca - both made with their homemade sauces, which were terrific! The manager and the two waitresses were very personable and helpful; we enjoyed talking to them about the Square and the downtown area. A new hire waitress served us and she was very helpful -- searching and printing out maps to two used bookstores for us to visit. Great attitudes for a restaurant in a historic centre. And Knoxville was a lovely place to visit; a really beautiful town with the University of Tennessee and its magnificient campus.

2  Thank TorontoPoodlelover