“Great bbq”

Sweet P’s Downtown Dive
Ranked #5 of 90 Quick Bites in Knoxville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our first time here and we will be back! We met friends and ordered the pork nachos, brisket, pulled pork bbq, greens, Mac and cheese, and the burrito. There’re are 3 kinds of bbq sauce on the tables. Everything was delicious. It’s and old building with an upstairs outside seating area. It was nice and cool and we enjoyed sitting up there.

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I like the location and layout. Service was good and super quick. I had sliced brisket and Mac n cheese. Both flavorless. Brisket was tough and super fatty. Used the “hot” sauce on the table — tasted like vinegar water. No heat whatsoever. Can’t recommend, and likely wouldn’t return.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 26, 2019 via mobile

I was really anticipating good southern BBQ after living up north. I always seek out BBQ when I Ge the chance and the south and truly the most tasteless BBQ I’ve had in years. Dry and not much smoke flavor. It was like diet pulled pork, brisket and ribs. Really I can get far better southern BBQ in the NY area.

I will say that their Mac and cheese was outstanding. Greens were ok. All 3 BBQ sauces were very tasty and saved the day.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

We had The Special Of The Day - stuffed peppers, oh my!!! The side choice of Green-N-Things, required a second order to go home! Friendly staff, clean environment, quality food, good prices..... a great Saturday evening dinner! (even though we walked in about 30 minutes before they closed!). We look forward to our second visit!

Reviewed April 4, 2019

I dont know what they sprinkle on their ribs but damn they are sweet, spicy (mild) and savory. The sides (2) were fantastic. I had the potato salad and green beans.

They also have several micro brews on tap and a nice outdoor patio.

Very close to downtown pubs, shops and sites too!