“Been a regular customer here for thirty years”

Chez Guevara Restaurant
Ranked #385 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is the best choice in Knoxville for a local non-chain Tex-Mex restaurant. One of those restaurants that has been a local favorite for decades -- and really hasn't changed much. Wish they had draft beer, but no big deal.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Wasn't expecting a lot out of this strip mall Mexican place. Wow was I surprised. Great atmosphere. Good food. Very nice bartender who made a killer margarita!

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

This is the only Mexican restaurant that I've found in Knoxville that doesnt serve prepackaged frozen food. The great margaritas and unique decor close the deal.

Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

I love Mexican food and have been on a search for my favorite in Knoxville. This one gets an A for atmosphere but it went down hill from there.

While waiting for our table we decided to have some Margaritas at the bar. We order 2 and the bartender tells us it would be a better deal to get the crafe so we do. Little did we realize it was $16 and they were not that good.

Our meals was good but not great. I had the Al Zappos Choice combo and my date had the Pollo Del Mar. We both agreed that the food was rather bland.

Don't get me wrong I would go back it is different than most Mexican places in town but by far not the best I have had. So the search continues.

Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Everything is good & served hot from the kitchen. Chips and salsa are great but spring for the spinach queso dip. Tostada ultimata is my favorite. You could also go cheap & just order a taco & an enchilada.