“No extra pillows”

Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn
Ranked #5 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Checked in tonight after a long long day of driving in the rain. Staying here because of trip advisor rating. Average hotel with average service. Overheard check in staff saying they were at 66% capacity. However when we asked for extra pillows we were refused. Hmmmm....each room has pillows on the beds, thirty three percent of the rooms are empty at 11:00 pm. Seems like a motivated employee might have "borrowed" pillows for us from one of those empty rooms. Oh we'll- just wont stay here again on our Missouri to North Carolina journeys.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Lobby, breakfast, amenities all great. Housekeeping super lazy: never vacuumed, hair in tub, food/lint/thread on floor upon arrival. Never replaced cups, and they even got lazier by day about making the bed! But everything except the housekeeping was so nice... Seems a waste of great property potential.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The hotel was clean and located just a few miles from The University of Tennessee Knoxville. The Staff went out of their way to be helpful.

My wife and I were attending my daughter's graduation ceremony at The University of Tennessee and chose to stay at this hotel. At the last minute we had decided to host a small lunch gathering of her friends to celebrate her accomplishments. Since this was last minute we had no place to gather. The hotel offered us the use of their breakfast room at no additional charge. They staff helped us setup the room and made sure we had everything we needed. It would not have been any nicer had we planned the event.

One other event happened that made our visit most enjoyable. We had checked in rather late and were very tired. Inadvertently I had put my cell phone down and left it on the front desk counter. Unbeknownst to me or any of the staff, the supervisor saw my phone, picked it up, and placed it in her office right before she left for the evening. When I realized my phone was not on my person, I went to the front desk and began to look for it. The young lady who was working the desk, helped me look everywhere in the lobby and any other place it might be. She turned the place upside down in her attempt to find my phone. When the night auditor came in she communicated the issue and asked him to keep looking in his spare time.

At 6:40am the next morning, I received a call from the auditor telling me he had found my phone in the supervisors office. I was impressed with the supervisor's actions of securing my phone. I was even more impressed with the staff members efforts to find my phone.

I may not have mentioned this, but the entire staff went above and beyond to make our stay a memorable and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Hotel was fine. Check-in staff very service-minded and recommended lunch place nearby. Ordered taxi for the morning (which arrived as expected). Internet working OK, free and wireless available everywhere. Lobby could have been more welcoming by using the fireplace. Ordered wake-up call did not happen, which bring down service score, as important if you are catching an early morning flight.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Value for price was perfect! The location was outstanding. Didnt eat the breakfast but the coffee was wonderful. Would definately stay here again if in the area. Very easy to find. And was very easy to get to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel has nicely furnished, large rooms. It has a very good hot breakfast that is offered early every morning - especially nice for early risers. The fitness facility had one of the nicest treadmills I have seen in a hotel. Fresh flowers in the lobby were not expected but a nice welcome at the entrance. The staff was very friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Entering the lobby you can smell the aroma of fresh baked cookies, now that's the way to welcome a customer. The room was nice, clean and well appointed. The bed was comfortable and made for a relaxing stay. The breakfast is free and as good as most places that serve food as a main business. Over all it is a good value and upon returning to Knoxville I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple