“Excellent Thanksgiving Buffet”

Northshore Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Northshore Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving at The Brasserie today. They offered a lovely menu beginning with appetizers of oysters on the half shell, shrimp cocktail, and poached Arctic char. Salads included mixed greens with home made dressings, charcuterie, and assorted marinated vegetables. The entrees were roasted turkey (of course), glazed ham and flank steak from the carving station, and cod served over risotto. Sides included sausage and herb stuffing, truffle whipped potatoes, haricots verts, glazed yams, and roasted Brussels sprouts with pecans. Desserts were traditional pumpkin pie, macadamian nut cake, and chocolate pecan tarts. We enjoy the meal with Louis Jadot Macon Villages Chardonnay. Now we need a nap! Service was excellent and no dishes to do! Bon appetit! Janice & Paul Phillips, Marietta, GA.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Having written a glowing review in January, 2012, I felt I needed to update my opinion of the restaurant. It used to be a favorite when Shane Robertson was in the kitchen, not so anymore. Our group of four ate there in early November, 2013, and three of us ordered the duck leg confit. It was a new presentation with green tomato coriander "soup" and squash fritters. The duck leg arrived sitting in the soup with two uncrisp blobs which were the fritters. We knew we would order the duck confit because it is a favorite dish when in Paris. The skin should be crisp and the meat succulent and very tender. The duck was so tough that we had trouble cutting it with a steak knife. It was not tender or crispy. It was disappointing. I felt like we wasted $75 on those three orders. If you are wondering why we didn't complain, so am I! We should have. We have decided not to return. We'll save our money for Paris where duck confit is delicious and less expensive.

4  Thank Mercibien
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had Northshore Brasserie cater a dinner at our home for my husband's boss and colleagues. We love to eat at the Brasserie, so we thought it would be a great catering option. Stephanie did a super job helping me plan, and Jesse, the chef, did an excellent job at the event. We had yummy appetizers, grilled salmon and braised short ribs, various salads, fingerling potato gratin, their scrumptious bread and herbed butter, and the profiteroles for dessert. It was delicious and made for a great evening! I am thinking about a repeat for our next work dinner.
Our favorites at the restaurant are the Pernod mussels (sopping the broth with the bread) and the gourmet burgers and frites. Other dishes we've had have been very good as well. I also love their lunch buffet!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was ready to write a rave review after our first visit to this place where we'd had a terrific lunch and great service but our second visit for dinner was so disappointing, I thought a warning was in order. First time around we had the most delcious onion soups, croque-monsieur and an incredible fried oyster salad and the most attentive waiter, On our second visit, a totally different picture...the salad was only the shadow of its former incarnation, the onion soup was boring only the hamburger dishes saved the day. The evening service was totally average despite the very small number of diners, sad to see that consistency is not high on that place's agenda. Our guests are local and regulars of the place but i have a feeling they may not return quite so often as apparently this is not just a one off.

3  Thank earthtravelers
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Overall, I think this is a solid place for a Sunday brunch. The food was all well prepared and seemed fresh for a buffet. The made to order omelets and crepes were well prepared. I think the price is a bit too high when compared to other nice brunch places, such as Copper Cellar West or The Orangery. Brunch for two with 1 coffee, 1 OJ, and 1 soda (with mandatory included tip) was about $65.

Our favorite items were a spicy fish dish over rice, strawberry french toast, mac & cheese, and the biscuits and gravy.

We wore nice clothes but there were plenty of people in jeans, shorts, and assorted redneck attire including camo. The staff was very good- friendly, professional, and attentive.

We will go back, just not a frequently as if it was a bit lower cost.

1  Thank PairOBears