“Understaffed and slightly warm...”

Northshore Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Northshore Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had seen favorable reviews on TA and thought we would give it a try on a Wednesday night at 6 PM. I made reservations although it was not necessary at this time window. We had a nice corner table with a view of the large open space facility. I would have preferred a better treatment of the ceiling tiles which were a hard metal surface that reflected a very cacophonous sound level.

We were greeted by our server Whit who went over the specials and seemed knowledgeable as to our inquiries on certain entrees.

I started with the CRISPY FROG LEGS in a roasted garlic beurre blanc. The legs were large and had been well used by their original owner (tough). They were served only warm and the sauce was on the runny side. This was not a good start. The wife had the SPINACH SALADE
with melted gorgonzola, caramelized pear, and toasted pine nuts and enjoyed it.

We were in a mussel mood and the restaurant offer several versions. Whit indicated the morsels were "fresh" from Prince Edward Island. We have been to PEI before and found this restaurant's flavor profile somewhat "industrial". Maybe they had been on the rope too long or had taken a detour between Canada and Knoxville. The wife had the PERNOD version with tomatoes, and a lobster-Pernod beurre blanc. I went with the MARINIÈRE with white wine, shallot and parsley. Neither were acceptable. Several failed to open which is never a good sign.

As the crowd started to increase around 6:30 the service went downhill. We were going to try a desert, but gave up after three attempts to get Whit's attention.

We will not be back.

3  Thank Richard F

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went for Sunday brunch in August with my boyfriend about an hour before it was closing for the day. Worried because sometimes at other places the food doesn't get refreshed when you show late like that but everything was still perfect. We even had someone (manager? ) approach and ask if we wanted them to prepare us some fresh salmon in case the salmon on the buffet wasn't fresh enough. No one made us feel rushed and we took serious advantage of the $4/$3 mimosas/bloody marys. I recommended it this month for a family get together with parents/siblings/nieces/nephews and it was a hit. Was disappointed at first because the salmon wasn't there, but it was replaced by muscles which may have been even better. My little nieces and nephew tried some of the more exotic dishes but it had plenty of breakfast staples to keep them in their comfort zone.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Somewhat off the beaten path--about 15 minutes from downtown, the northshore brasserie is not in the most convenient location nor most glamorous (it's in a strip mall), however it more than makes up for location with excellent food and service. The restaurant may be "more expensive" by knoxville standards, but visitors from DC, New York, Chatlotte and Atlanta will feel quite comfortable paying 25-35 for an excellently prepared, quality piece of meat or fish. I found the pricing quite reasonable given the excellent quality. I ordered the spinach beet salad and the lamb with an argentine Malbec, my companion had similar arrangements and together after several glasses of wine, tax and tip we made it out for approx. 130. It would har web much, much less without wine. However, the wine was well worth the investment. Coming from downtown on a weekend and given the traffic, Northshore was more than worth the time expense and travel for an excellent meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is where you go to get less than ok food, in very small amounts, for very big price! They are trying to be an upscale restaurant, advertise as one, but I am certain that no one there has any idea what a true upscale restaurant is!!!!

3  Thank Cinda10
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Perfectly cooked filet! Great market salad! Marlin rocked! Super fresh! Can't go wrong here! Always delicious with great service too.

1  Thank TGirl88