“No romantic atmosphere......”

Northshore Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Northshore Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #85 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: French, Belgian, International, European
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, TN
“No romantic atmosphere......”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, secluded table for two, you won't find it here. I had been once for lunch with medium results. Returned at night recently as a guest and found the restaurant full of boisterous diners. Not obnoxious, just enjoying friends, wine, and scrumptious food. The noise level was almost overwhelming at first, but we got into the spirit, deciding we could talk as loud as anyone else there. Top attraction here is the quality of service. It looked like all were doing a good job, but not as good as our Norma. She was attentive (very busy, but kept us in the loop), educated about menu choices, sense of humor, and took the pressure of a high volume evening with grace. Ask for her! As another reviewer noted about trying new dishes, I had have had escargot so chose that appetizer along with steak tartare and the brie. My companions got the lamb shank and salmon and gave them 4 stars. Mixed drinks were well done. Finished off the evening with a cheese plate. Had a very good time and will go back.

• Visited May 2013

“Best Restaurant in Knoxville.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had heard about the restaurant many times so I finally checked it out. From my greeting from a very personable hostess, to my departure laden with goodbyes from the staff, my visit was outstanding! My server, a woman, was very knowledgeable about the menu, answering my many questions with patience and warmth. I had the Coq au Vin, my partner the Filet. Both excellent! Brussels sprouts to die for. A chocolate dessert called a Terrine still calls my name. A new pinot ( to me) called seeker, was perfect. The owner happened to talk to us and show us pictures of his precious baby boy.
I think I wanna live there!

• Visited May 2013
“Very Unique Experience!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My advice: try something you haven't before!! We decided to get the escargot appetizer, frog leg appetizer, and a sampler with venison, duck, and spreadable salami. All were very tasty! Only reason I would't give it a five is that it definitely isn't comfort food, and the tastes didn't completely blow me away. Also it was very expensive. Though, the service was very friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was sophisticated and fun. I definitely recommend trying this place out when you want something different!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank bmnortheast
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Really wonderful dining!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant with friends last month.
It was a bustling, fun atmostphere.
Our server was attentive & knew the menu well. He made some suggestions that were wonderful.
The menu looked fantastic & proved to be just that.
We ordered the lamb shank which was divine, mussels that were incredible, the oyster salad, cheeses, & salmon. Everything was prepared very well & it was an overall really enjoyable evening. We will definitely be back to visit this restaurant.
Great food & fun!

• Visited February 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not all its cracked up to be”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We went for the Sunday brunch expecting a great meal and a change of pace from the same old Knoxville scene. There were only a handful of breakfast items available, and most of those were cold to luke warm. It was very obvious the biscuits, bacon, sausage, eggs benedict and grits were all sitting out for quite a while. Most likely because there was probably nobody there. And the grits, they had almost no flavor and the smallest shrimp we had ever seen. Who knows how fresh. Apparently for the $21 brunch, drinks are not included. So coffees and OJs are $4 each. To top it all off, we had a bug in our water glass and a very slow server that did not have to work for his tip since they so graciously add it to your check for you. We have eaten at plenty of high class restaurants and this does not compare. They have been able to capitalized on the "upscale" Knoxville crowd. We suggest saving your $65 and going to Big Fattys, Colonels Cafe, Copper Cellar, or Chesapekes for your breakfast!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Michael W
HenriVKnoxville, Owner at Northshore Brasserie, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We provide the highest quality, freshest food possible. If you were dissatisfied it is your right and responsibility to tell the manager so that we can have a chance to fix the situation or compensate you for a sub par experience. I don't know if you did this or not but you always should give us that opportunity.
I encourage you to give our restaurant another try some time. Last Sunday was indeed one of our slowest Sundays ever, ( daylight savings time change ), and probably not a fair representation of a typical Sunday.
Nonetheless I will revisit the situation with the staff of maintaining quality on the buffet even on slow days.