“Nice, clean and affordable”

Comfort Suites Knoxville
Ranked #27 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice, clean and affordable”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

No complaints with this Comfort Suites. The room was large and clean and the beds were comfortable.

My only complaint was the Klieg Light pointed directly at our window. It was so bright that it even the blackout shades was enough to prevent the glow from lighting up the room.

Stayed June 2014
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Rod,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, with the exception of the outside lighting. Since then we have adjusted our outside lighting to prevent this from happening again.

Again, thank you for your comments and hope you give us another opportunity to better serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Crossville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

My company recently rented four rooms for three days. The 1st night one of the rooms smoke alarm went off 3 times in the middle of the night. When we reported it the next day, they informed us they already knew about and forgot to put a battery in it. The same night in the 2nd room one if my coworkers got locked out of his room for 45 minutes before a maintenance guy from a different location could let him in. Also the same night in the 3rd room, my other coworker complained about a burning smell. When he asked for a new room, two of the three clerks said it can not happen due to the way we booked online. A manger later on that day granted the request.

The rooms were clean, no problems there. Hallway carpet is dirty and well worn.

Breakfast was about a 5 out of 10. Coffee was good.

Hot tub broke the 1st night we were there. 2nd night hardly even warm.

The night clerk, I think her name was Amanda. Very nice and needs a raise. Does a great job.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bee_Keeper_05
Dear Bee Keeper,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. I am sorry you were disappointed on this occasion, and i apologize for any inconvenience your experienced during your stay.

Rest assured I have addressed these issues with our maintenance team and will use your comments to better assist our guests with their needs.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to providing you with superior service during your next stay.
Dallas, Georgia
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

I almost want to get in this hotel five stars but I couldn't because of the workout room. It's in drastic need of a renovation. I'm a taller guy so every time I try to run on the treadmill the belt would stop. Other than that the rest the hotel was great. Very modern looking in the rooms are in great shape. The staff was courteous and cordial and the food was great.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bdloftus24
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding on our hotel.

We are in the process of purchasing new fitness room equipment, we realize it has been well used and is in need of replacement.

Certainly hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable.

Safe Travels,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Check in was a breeze and the young girl working the front desk was super nice. Later that evening there was another lady there, and she was just as nice. They asked us how we liked our room when we walked by to go to dinner. That's a nice touch. Clean rooms and comfortable beds! Breakfast was decent. We were on our way home from Myrtle Beach and the main reason we stayed there was b/c of the pool. We have younger kids and after a long day driving, a pool is great for them. Here is my one issue with the hotel. The tiles that are in the pool area are VERY slick when wet. Even when walking extremely slow and carefully, my 4yo fell at least 3 times in the 45mins or so we spent in the pool area. It was just too slick. I kept worrying he would bust his head so finally we just left the pool area and went back to the room. There really needs to be some type of rubber mats or something covering a lot of the pool deck area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennyr76
Dear Miss Jenny,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at Comfort Suites North.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations regarding the slippery floor in the pool area. The issue has been addressed with our maintenace staff to get this corrected as quickly as possible.

We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay.

Safe travels,
West Henrietta, New York
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Debatable..., but our major complaint was that the place had trouble making our stay enjoyable with dozens of boys and girls in town for a soccer tourney. E.g., the pool was overcrowded with volleyball players during the 'stormy' afternoon (when games were cancelled), and breakfast was not pleasant for us (we took some food back to the room). The lobby and halls (5 stories) were noisier than usual. 'A' for effort on the part of most of the staff, but someone needs to consider, and maybe even alert other guests when such a scenario is likely!!!
..The suite was great, very roomy, clean, nicely decorated and well-appointed - with a fridge and microwave. Plenty of outlets for our C-PAP and to recharge phones and computers. A little tight between the bed and the outer wall, with less than 6" clearance with the air conditioner. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but we'd ask more questions, and probably wouldn't 'prepay' again.

Room Tip: 5th floor is best if noisy guests are a potential problem. Only 1 slowish elevator, so expect to wai...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. We realize when our hotel is sold out and a lot of children are in house it does get noisy and amenities are over crowded. We do appreciate your concerns and will try to improve our hotel policies regarding large groups.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior service.
Loveland, Colorado
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I got in late, after midnight and saw the night clerk outside smoking as I drove into the parking lot. I waited for him in Reception to finish his smoke. He was pleasant enough but to my horror, he coughed heartily into his hand, then using the very same right hand, issued me my room key. Nasty. The hotel room was good and the breakfast more than adequate. My expereince was doiminated by one event unfortuantely!

Room Tip: Get there before the night shift!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Colorado,

On behalf of Choice Hotels I would sincerely like to apologize for the experience you had regarding your check in.

However this post was issued to Comfort Suites North in Knoxville. I believe your stay was located at Comfort Suites Airport Alcoa TN.

Again we do appreciate your post and it will be shared with the Airport location.
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with family for a wedding (our party took up most of the third floor!). My wife and I arrived from Oklahoma at 3:30am, and the front desk receptionist was probably the most friendly hotel staff member I've ever encountered. I believe her name was Karen. She knew we were going to arrive that late/early, had been worried about us driving in at that late hour! Reminded me of the proverbial concerned grandma. She gave us a quick rundown of the hotel's amenities, and even offered to get us milk if we needed it to help us sleep!

The rooms were great - the doors splitting our room were nice, and provided some privacy.

Breakfast was okay; I've had better at hotels, but I've had worse more often. The pool was good, the hot tub had been "sabotaged" with bubbles by a kid the day before, which was a bit comical.

Overall, a very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
choice k, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Jamison,

Hope you enjoyed the wedding and safe travels back to Oklahoma.

Kindest Regards,