“Excellent!”

Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Salisbury, Connecticut
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Warmly greeted by the front desk and was advised I was their "Guest of the Week". Quite a surprise. Got a nice mug, other chatchkes, and some Choice Hotel points, as well as my name emblazoned in the lobby. But it got things off to a great start.
The room was fine. Spacious, clean (housekeeping was first rate throughout our stay), and comfortable. Good mattress, excellent and VERY fast internet connection. The room was so quiet that one had the illusion of being the only people in the hotel (and we definitely were not).
Breakfast was good, with lots of variation (within limits, of course).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Pete P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s great to see you had an overall excellent experience during your recent stay. Our team here at the Comfort Suites strives to achieve the highest quality of service to all of our customers. I am pleased you were able to enjoy the spacious room and hot deluxe breakfast. We hope to have another opportunity to provide you with an excellent stay. Come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
toccoa ga
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We began staying at this hotel when it was brand new five years ago. However have not been able to stay in the past year. It truly was a lot different before. There was a mix up in our room and we were given a handicap room. I asked the front desk for a change but they told me they could not and the next morning I found out why. First the room, the carpet had not been vacuumed in awhile, I am assuming that it was furniture polish running down the sides of the furniture and had dried. The bathroom was beyond nasty with mildew running along the bottom of the shower. The breakfast has definitely downgraded over the years but the attendants were nice. My main complaint is they apparently do not pay attention to the amount of people that accommodate a 4 or 6 person room. The hotel was well over capacity. I came into the breakfast area at7:30 to drink coffee so as not to wake my family by 8 it was so full I left. My family left at 9:30 yes after breakfast hours and could hardly make it out the door we counted 120 people at that time. Definitely will not stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
I am sorry to hear we were unable to exceed your expectations in regards to the condition of your room and the breakfast. I assure you I will be speaking with the housekeeping staff immediately in regards to the proper cleaning procedures. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here this past weekend. First off let me say the hotel itself looked very nice, the room was clean and comfortable, and the pool was a lot of fun. Breakfast was decent, certainly not the best hotel breakfast but far from the worst. And that's where the good stuff ends, unfortunately. I feel terrible complaining about the front desk because the ladies were very sweet, but they had no idea how to work the computers. When we checked in, we were assigned a regular suite (which is what I reserved) and when we went up there, there was someone's stuff in that room already - I'm glad no one happened to be in the room, because that would have been awkward - but still it was 10:30 at night and we needed to go to bed. Anyway, we went down to the front desk and the lady was very kind and upgraded us to a deluxe suite. And that room was great, I have no complaints about the room.
We got our bill that last morning, and I looked at the charges - instead of $84/night (which was what I was quoted when I made the reservation) it was $94. I understand that the deluxe suite is extra, but I felt I shouldn't have to pay for the upgrade since it was their mistake in the first place. I went down to the front desk and tried to explain the situation. Again, I feel bad because the ladies were so nice, but they had no idea how to give me a refund. My daughter and I had to leave very soon, and 20 minutes later they were still trying to figure out the computer system. They told me they would email me a copy of the bill, and they did later that morning, but it's very confusing and I'm still not sure they got the amount right. Oh well.
I probably will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank StephGz
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed our clean and comfortable accommodations here at the Comfort Suites in Knoxville. On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to apologize failing to exceed your expectations in regards to the level customer service you received. I will be sure to speak with and retrain the staff to ensure they are able to make these adjustments in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We had a party of 5 on this trip and needed something fairly large but reasonably priced. This was an excellent choice. The kids loved the pool and the room was great. Breakfast was good and the hot chocolate and cookies were a nice surprise in the afternoon. We would definitely stay here again. Excellent Service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Kingsport TN
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Looks new very friendly convienent great rooms (suites) reasonably priced near many restaurants, grocery stores just off interstate. Good breakfast, hot items change daily.I stayed in simuliar motels same exit more money but no nicer

Room Tip: ask for 210,410,410 or 510 they are by the elevator very nice!!!!!! you need to ask for king size r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CSCustomer_Care, Comfort Suites at Comfort Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. It’s wonderful to hear you enjoyed our location and had a great stay. Our property features a hot deluxe breakfast with make-your-own fresh waffles and a variety of other foods. We hope to have you back soon so we can provide you with the same superior experience.
Michigan
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Everything was clean, and in working order, the facility seems relatively new. Keys cards didn't work we got to our room and our "suite" was just a room with a long hallway a very small sofa, and a small room divider (that only came out about 3 ft from the wall by the bed. The tv was in front of the bed so I'm not sure what purpose the divider serves. These are just rooms with a bit of extra space, a mini refrigerator and microwave. I wouldn't call it a suite, there are no private areas except in the bathroom.

Breakfast was above average, location was convenient to the freeway

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear you had a great experience during your stay and were able to enjoy the free hot deluxe breakfast. Some of our suites do include two rooms with a private bedroom and others only have a partial room divider. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future and experience one of our two bedrooms suites.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Clean and nice sized rooms with a separate sofa area. The location was convenient as it was close to the highway, but not sure how convenient it is for actually exploring Knoxville. Price was not cheap though, so not great for the value. We also wanted a King bed but were given one with 2 Queen beds instead, which was not ideal. Okay hotel for staying for a night. Breakfast is your usual continental breakfast, gets you full but not exactly what you would call good food.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple