“New Building, Poor customer service”

Comfort Suites Knoxville
Ranked #30 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Worst experience every had in my days of traveling, number one thing I look at is customer service and they do not have that! I travel alot and I will never stay here again. Everytime I asked for something I got an attitude from staff, did not ask me if the room was okay or how was my stay. They basically wanted to put me in a room take my money and after that I was on my own for anything I needed after that. Can not complain of the hotel is a new building and clean, but that does not makeup for poor customer service!

Room Tip: From experience extended stays have better service
Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Crystal0806

Reviewed April 8, 2011

Stayed here on way home from Florida. We stayed at a Comfort Suites in Forsyth Ga on way to Fla. This place paled in comparison to the one in Forsyth. Advertised an indoor pool and they had one, but wow, it was not nice. Pool was tiny(approximately 15 x 25) and reeked of strong chlorine. There was a group of kids just leaving as we walked in. They had apparently been having a good time and had every inch of the pool area wet. No big deal, that's what kids do. But for some reason all the tile around the pool was smooth top. You could barely walk without falling. Kids each had 3 falls. I guess as they say, "no pain, no gain".
The room was very nice with a very comfortable king bed and pull out couch for kids that was seperated by a door. Very nice to put kids to bed and stay up and watch tv in bedroom. Walls apparently are paper thin. Was woken 2 times by room next door. One time about 1 am when neighbors seemed to be having a conversation and it sounded like they were in our room. Crazy! Other time child was coughing. Hot breakfast was as advertised

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed March 20, 2011

Stayed here on the way to Florida, lovely new hotel. Clean, modern rooms, great breakfast. Staff were amazing. Two problems, there was no darkening curtains on the window with the room at the front it was very bright. The tile around the pool was very slippery even while walking carefully each of my children fell.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Stayed here on our way home from FL. Pulled off the Interstate to get gas, saw the hotel and made a reservation using the 1-800 number in order to get my Alumni discount. The hotel was very nicely appointed--nice lobby, 2 computers & printer right off front desk, lots of sitting area for breakfast. Our room was clean and very comfortable--lots of fluffy towels, plenty of room and we had a good night's sleep before heading out early. The only odd thing was that we think we were the only guests on the 2nd floor. The hall carpet was extremely dirty, the vacuum was parked right outside our door all night and there was a bag of empty cans on the other side of our door. Hopefully they are in the process of remodeling and accommodated us at the last minute, but it would have been nice had someone explained that to us. The front desk clerk was extremely friendly and helpful when we checked in, too. Very convenient location--easy off and easy on I-75. We'll stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2010

We stayed here for a night on the way to the mountains. Payed the coupon book discount rate which was a great deal. Have stayed in a lot of nice hotels, and I think that for what it was (a stopover type hotel) it was great. Newer hotel with very modern, updated furnishings, spacious room. Kind of wierd that the pool was in a glass enclosed area in full view of the lobby and parking lot, but we were too tired to use it anyway. Had a good continental breakfast, but we aren't that picky. Younger guy at the front desk checking us in was friendly and helpful. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This was the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed in. We were so tired after driving all day from Disney, that we stayed, but were absolutely disgusted in the am when we found a blood stain on the matress pad we were sleeping on. That should have been taken off the bed before we arrived.....laziness on the part of the cleaning staff. The floor as you exit the elevator on the second floor was very soiled. I wish we would have done our homework before staying here. Don't make the same mistake we did.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank jlk10098
Reviewed July 1, 2010

My wife myself and our grandson stayed at this hotel April 20,2010 for 3 days. Our grandson was visiting Crown Bible College in anticipation of attending. He has been accepted since our visit and will be attending in August of this year. The location is convenient to the expressway and many restaurants nearby. We booked a room with a separate bedroom with a pullout couch which was convienient and added more privacy for us. The room had a microwave, mini fridge and coffee maker. Housekeeping was outstanding. Room was spotless. Breakfast buffet was included and everything was of good quality, replenished quickly and several items were changed daily. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and always answered questions with a smile. They made us feel right at home. Special thanks to Ranelle on the day shift and Dave on the night shift. Our daughter and son in law will be staying here when they return to enroll our grandson

• Stayed: April 2010