“Excellent is the best work to describe it”

Comfort Suites East
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked our room on line and you never know what you are going to get. Well that was the cleanest hotel I have ever been in and I have been quite a few all over the US. We originally booked a king and when we got there we upgraded to the jacuzzi suit. It was late and ache from the long car ride. The jacuzzi tub did the trick. Every where I looked it was clean, and believe me I LOOK! The decor was beautiful not that it really matters, it's a place to lay your head, but it was an awesome bonus! The breakfast was delicious and everything was cleaned up immediately after people ate. The front desk people were very courteous, that was a welcoming change from other hotels. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
cpaige1964, General Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit at our hotel. We certainly enjoyed having you with us.
Your comments on our performance were most generous and will be passed on to the staff.
We consider dedicated and competent staff members to be our most valuable asset.
Christine Drew

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I travel a lot and I'm extremely picky when it comes to hotels. I don't normally stay in a Choice hotel because I have not been happy with them in the past. However I was impressed with this one. Friendly staff, safe area, and clean rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012
cpaige1964, General Manager at Comfort Suites East, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write such a complimentary review. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in our area.
Christine Drew

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I can't really complain about anything during this stay, but I can't really find anything that really stood out either. We stayed here because there were no rooms available at the CS we typically stay at when in the area (exit 407 on I-40). I would echo just about all of the other reviews regarding the room descriptions. I have never seen a Keurig coffee maker in a room (although I never could get ours to work). I would say the beds were comfortable, but for some reason I was not able to sleep much. I did hear the people next door as they came in around midnight and proceeded to talk for a while and bang things around. Breakfast was fine, but the serving area was cramped (may be hard to get around if they are really busy).

We stayed Thanksgiving evening and the lady who checked us in was extremely nice which I was not expecting from someone working on a holiday. She was wonderful. Any staff member we encountered was very helpful/nice. The kids enjoyed the pool. There is no hot tub which was disappointing after driving. I would caution getting a room on the first floor or at least ask that you be located AWAY from the pool area. There were about 4 rooms that were directly across from the pool which I would think would be noisy??? Another room # I would steer clear of is 210, 310, 410, etc. as they are RIGHT NEXT TO THE ELEVATOR.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I think if our first choice is booked we may try one of the other new hotels next to this one for comparisson purposes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank MREA5
Reviewed November 21, 2012

As usual, Comfort Suites comes through. Large rooms, flatscreen TVs, microwave and large mini fridge. Good location on the way to Gatlinburg and Great Smoky Mountains National Park, several restaurants in the area. And easy access to Knoxville.

Room Tip: Top floor if you want to do laundry!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Could not ask for more. Late check in with friendly staff. What more can you ask for when your room has a Lazy-Boy recliner in it. We had no issues at all. I will say that it seems like parking was a little scarce but we found a spot. No noise was heard even though it is relatively close to the interstate.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank medicheath
Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We needed to stop on the way to GSMNP and found a discount coupon for this location. The price was right, location perfect and amenities spot on for our family with two small boys. Pool was a good pre-bedtime release for the boys. Nice restaurant choices nearby. Breakfast was great. We will go back when in the Smokies again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank biffburley
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have brought a ball team to this hotel 2 years in a row. Hotel is nice however, this time we had our vehicle stolen from the parking space right outside the front door of the hotel and yes, it was locked! The staff was not helpful, the security was non existent, and the manager was rude and unprofessional. They did not help us do anything - when i asked about the closest rental car place the lady at the front desk told me to go to my room and look it up! When I discussed my frustrations with the manager- she said "I am sorry you feel that way". Security cameras are worthless and they do not know how to work them to even look at them- we had to that ourselves as well. The hotel is nice and we truly hate it that this happened but we do not feel the hotel has adequate security and the staff could care less about your comfort- especially if you should have something unexpected happen to you while you are there! 1 month later- vehicle never found- never heard anything- not even a simple " I am sorry" from anyone at the hotel. I find that kind of service pathetic. We will find somewhere else to stay next time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family