“My preferred hotel in Knoxville”

Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown
Ranked #4 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“My preferred hotel in Knoxville”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I enjoy walking, and this hotel puts you in close proximity to the best that downtown Knoxville has to offer. Just be forewarned that if you walk to the UT campus, you will have a BIG HILL to climb on the way back!
The staff is outstanding and some of the friendliest I've ever encountered on a front desk. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar had a wide variety, with plenty that I could eat on a gluten-free diet.
The only thing I could possibly point out as a potential negative is that they use a scent throughout the common areas that wasn't unpleasant, but it *may* affect people who are sensitive to odors. I am not sensitive to odors, but I noticed this scent.

Room Tip: Once the Henley St. bridge opens, the rooms on the parking lot side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Very nice stay all around. Check in was fast and accommodating since I wanted quiet, they moved me off the street. Location near the convention center was great for walking. Staff was always friendly and professional. Will gladly return here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cincinnati
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed here while in town for a college bball game. Great location as we were able to walk down to Callahans restaurant, then to game and back to hotel.Then walked to Downtown Brewery for dinner.
As for the hotel itself, the staff was helpful. Could use updating,especially in rooms. Free breakfast was good. We would probably stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank traveltrix66
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We were in town for a basketball game at the University of TN. GO VOLS!! We had two rooms and they were located next door to each other. The hotel is located very close which was great. We were also able to enjoy some of the great downtown restaurants which were very close to the hotel. The hotel was clean and comfy. We love the character of downtown Knoxville. There is free parking inside & out at the hotel which is a great benefit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like the Hampton Inn. I feel comfortable, safe, and sleep well there. The downtown location was nice. I like the staff very much. I wish I had more to time stay. It was very close to so much to see. My view from my window was very cool at sunset. The view of the World's Fair was lovely.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland, Tennessee
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Friendly staff. I recommend this hotel highly. Clean, spacious rooms, comfy beds, soft fluffy pillows, large jacuzzi for 2, Wi Fi, coffee maker, refrigerator, tile floors. spacious bathroom, We had the handicap bathroom and it was great. Loved the view from the room. We stayed here while attending the Ron White show at the Tennessee Theater, which was very close by.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in downtown Knoxville, TN for New Year's Eve. We only live about 25 mins from downtown, but didn't want the hassle of parking and having to drive home late after all of the festivites in Market Square. I had never stayed in any of the downtown hotels, so after reading about each of them on tripadvisor, I decided to go with the Hampton. We were not disappointed! Its in a terrific location (walking distance to Market Sq.) and the room was spotless. The hotel smelled terrific also. lol The front desk staff was incredibly courteous. Our room was a jacuzzi suite and was huge! We really wished we could have stayed for more than one night. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Knoxville area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple