“Great Night in Downtown Knoxville”

Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown
Ranked #6 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Mundelein, Illinois
“Great Night in Downtown Knoxville”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed one night at the property, and had a great experience. On-duty manager, Ashley, coundn't have been more helpful. We wanted to get to Gay and Market, and she provide safe walking instructions. When she found out we were considering moving to the greater Knoxville area, she gave us great information on the local area, and re-lo material. The hotel is in a great location to explore downtown/Worlds Fair Park. Great hotel - we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Parking was free, and we experienced no issues with safety
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is a new Hampton Inn property. Great location, free Parking, Clean and Eco friendly, very convenient to everything.
My two gripes would be:
1. It's a Vegeterian Hot Breakfast. I have stayed at many many Hilton properties and have never seen that. All they had that was considered a Hot breakfast was sry scrambled eggs and dry potatoes. No meat at all...
Also the staff was helping themselves to coffee and gossiping instead of greeting guests.
2. I'm a Hilton Gold member and did not receive water or anything that goes with being a member.

That said there are many benefits to this property and we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Nova2003
Travelingal87, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Hello!!
I wanted to take just a moment today to reach out and say thanks for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at our hotel. The specific feedback you provided will help us improve our product and development of our team. Should your travels bring you back our direction please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and we'll make sure that we have a better protein offering for breakfast and that we recognize your Hilton honor membership.
Thanks again for letting us know about your experience and we sure hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and give you a perfect stay!!
Best regards!!
Anita Lane, General Manager
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

In for a graduation weekend with 2 rooms and boy were we all impressed. The front desk was outstanding in every way. They were courteous, professional and just pleasant. I was nervous at first, not having stayed there before but was glad we did.

Rooms were immaculate. Breakfast was good. Kids liked the cookies at the front desk. And like all Hampton Inns, the beds were clean and comfortable.

We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank khabatta
Johns Creek, Georgia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed the first weekend in May. The location is within walking distance of good restaurants and the university. Hotel is new and the staff is great. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Great downtown location and helpful friendly staff.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Garland, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Do yourself a favor and do not stay anywhere else in the Knoxville area. I called and booked our rooms with Anita the General Manager who was an absolute delight. My wife and I stayed here for almost a week while I was finishing up my Master's Degree at Johnson University (I was an online student and had my week of final tests, presentations and interviews.

The rooms here are immaculate, the breakfast is good, all the great things you expect from a Hampton. What really makes this place so incredible is the service. I have stayed at 5 star resorts where I have not gotten the kind of service that I got from Anita and her staff. These are people who really know the meaning of hospitality. It was a stressful week for me and they really helped a lot.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank A_Shane_C
Massapequa Park, NY
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Robert Woofter was the manager on duty when we checked in. He was VERY pleasant and made our stay so much more enjoyable!! He gave us maps of the city and bus/trolley system. Our room was very clean and so quiet. Never heard the street noise or our neighbors next door. Great location within walking distance to Sunsphere. Good hot breakfast and free innercity parking. A great location and value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Glen Gardner, New Jersey
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 4 nights in April, 2012 to check out the University of Tennessee. I am a Hampton Inn fan and this hotel did not disappoint. The room (2 queen beds) was clean and well maintained. I found it had more drawer space than usual and the sink/counter in the bathroom was a beautiful piece of furniture with 2 long open shelves under the counter. This was great for storing all toiletries, etc and keeping the bathroom neat.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast included the usual for a Hampton Inn but also scrambled eggs and a breakfast meat or potatoes everyday which I do not find at all Hampton Inns.

My only complaint, and it is incredibly minor, is that the paper drinking cups were not replaced each day. As I said, incredibly minor.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family