“Great location near shops and restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek

SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek
Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Milwaukee
“Great location near shops and restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a very nice Springhill - I enjoyed my stay here with just a few concerns.

First, the staff is great. They're friendly, hospitable and happy to recommend restaurants if you need it.

Second, the location is great too. There are tons of restaurants of all kinds within walking distance and lots of shopping too. It's an especially great place for those without a car.

Third, the facility is very clean and well kept. They told me it was fully renovated last year and it shows. No complaints there.

Finally, the free breakfast is above average. There was the standard selection of oatmeal, cereals, bread products and yogurt. This location added scrambled eggs, another hot dish, boiled eggs and cold cuts for those who want to go European.

Now - on to the concerns. This location is right on a busy highway so expect some road noise. The prices seem high for what it actually is (I paid $189/night and that seemed outrageous). Finally - I had a small security concern. I used the public restroom on the 1st floor and found a blanket curled up in one of the stalls. It looked like someone had spent the night there. (I notified staff & they checked it out right away. Who knows what it actually was all about, but it did worry me)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear Lovewine,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville! We appreciate you taking the time to review our property from your recent stay. I am so happy to hear what great service my team gave during your stay. We take great pride in providing the highest level of service and accomodations. I can assure we are in a very safe area in town. The incident in the bathroom that you are referring to came from another registered guest in the hotel that was misplaced in the middle of the night. I am happy to hear my team addressed the issue immediately.

Thank you again for taking the time to give a review. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Scott Groth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Stayed here in late March and the location was great. The hotel is centrally located and with a ton f shops and restaurnats all within walking distance. There is also an outside path to run on.

The room was standard and the service was good, however I found that I had two conditioners instead of a shampoo and conditioner. That was frustrating as I was getting ready the following morning.

The fitness center is very small and doesn't offer and free weights but apparently they do have a membership to a local gym, but I never got the chance to go.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Scott G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Creece007,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville for your travels to the Knoxville area. We appreciate your business and to take the time to review our hotel. We are so happy to hear what a great stay you had with us. Being located in the Turkey Creek area of Knoxville, we have great shops, places to eat, and entertainment within walking distance to the hotel.

My apologies for having two conditioners left in your suite instead of one conditioner and one shampoo. I will be following up with my Housekeeping Team to ensure that does not happen again. They take such great pride in providing the highest level of cleanliness of service to all our guests.

Our fitness center is small but we do offer the complimentary access to the Rush Fitness Center located less than three minutes from the hotel. Being a full gym open 24/7, I hope you can take advantage of that offering during your next trip.

Thank you again for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville! We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

At your service,

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to stay here so we could shop and eat before a TN Vols game. This property is one of our favorites we've ever stayed at.'The parking lot is huge, the rooms are spacious, and the view is great. The sunrise was gorgeous! We will not stay anywhere else on our frequent trips to Knoxville!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott G, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear JenFansler,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville! We are so happy you choose our hotel during football season to catch the big game. I am so happy to hear what a great experience you had at my hotel. We are in a great location in Knoxville to relax before the big game with a lot of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment within walking distance to the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future! Go Vols!

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I coordinated a block of rooms at this hotel for our hockey team. The group sales folks were fantastic. The hotel was very nice. It was clean and quite comfortable. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear Robyn H,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville! We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. Thank you for your kind words about my sales team and front desk team. We are lucky to have a service minded team that has a passion to make all our guests happy. I will be pass along your compliments to them personally.

We hope the next time your team is in town that you will stay with us again. We appreciate your business and feedback!

At your service,

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville
Richland, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

This property is a standard SpringHill Suites with all the fine amenities one would expect, along with a very friendly staff. The location is very convenient, however it is immediately adjacent to I-40. The freeway noise is significant, and much of the sound penetrated into my room. Colleagues travelling with me noticed the same problem in their rooms. It does not seem to matter which side of the hotel one is on, or which floor. When I first entered my room, the noise was so loud that I assumed the window was open. I went to the window and found it was closed securely. A hotel adjacent to a freeway like this needs to be built with much better sound-proofing. Such technology exists; most hotels in urban settings have windows with excellent sound-proofing. It is most unfortunate that this property was not built with adequate sound-proofing. Despite my affinity for the SpringHill Suites brand, I will probably not stay at this hotel again because of the freeway noise.

Room Tip: As near as I can tell, all the rooms are penetrated by freeway noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank 59stevem
Rebecca P, Operations Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear 59stevem,

We appreciate the time you took to fill out our survey. I apologize for the inconvenience that was caused due to the interstate noise. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further or for future reservations to ensure a quieter suite. I will be happy to share your comments to the staff! We take pride in our team due to the excellent customer service they provide. I would like you to give us another chance next time you travel to Knoxville, I will personally assist you on your arrangements.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Rebecca Perez
Operations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

SpringHill suite at Turkey Creek was our overnight choice while passing thru Knoxville to Asheville. The beds are VERY soft, which I liked but others who like firmer mattresses may not appreciate. The rooms very very clean, but also very small. Hotel staff was very friendly. Smooth check in. Location is PERFECT.

Room Tip: GREAT location…lots of food options around.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Writerwife,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Knoxville for your recent travels to our area. We appreciate you taking the time in completing a review on our property. We were very happy that you enjoyed your stay and the mattresses. We are lucky to be in a great location with food and entertainment options all within walking distance.

We look forward to your next stay at our hotel!

Hotel Manager
SPRING LAKE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a good stop on our trip. Daisy at the front desk was especially helpful both as we booked the room and as we stayed. We were only able to stay one night but we would certainly consider staying there again. The set up of the breakfast bar was a bit strange. The food was all behind a wall and a bit closed in. The day we were there the juice machine was broken. One thing you sort of expect from breakfast is some type of juice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scott G, Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Christopher V,

Thank you for taking the time in completing a review. We are so happy to hear what great service that Daisy gave you and your family during the reservation process and in person. We are lucky to have Daisy apart of our team. I will personally be passing along your compliments to her.

Unforunately, we did have an issue the morning of your stay with our juice machine. I am so sorry that you did not have any juice during your breakfast experience. We worked as fast as possible to have juice served in a different format to cause the least disturbance. We were able to get the machine fixed that morning with no other interuptions.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoxville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Staybridge Suites Knoxville-West
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville-Farragut
Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Knoxville West

Been to SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek? Share your experiences!