“Poor example of Springhill brand”

SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek
Ranked #33 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Orlando, Florida
“Poor example of Springhill brand”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Frequent business travelers will be disappointed. I stay in a Marriott in the South at least once a week. Avoid this Marriott and try the Courtyard in Alcoa. I saw a Fairfield very close by that should be opening by August/September. I was going to give this place a three until I saw the breakfast. This is not in the same category as the Springhill Atlanta Airport or Springhill Huntsville.

I'm still at the hotel and doing a little bit of work. I use a hotspot for business but will hope on the wifi for personal use. It's good wi-fi. The gym is in good shape and treadmill works nicely. I was able to get a decent run in.

I read the reviews and decided to stay here due to recent renovations. The upgrades were to the rug, lamps, frames, and soft goods it seems. The furniture and bathroom are both older and worn. The room was pretty clean. It could have been better. There are already spots on the carpet that warrant repair and light switches needed wipe downs. Unfortunately, the plus side of Springhills is that their color make them brighter and I can usually get more done in the room. This one has an actual wall and not just a desk splitting the living areas so that area is much darker.

My initial room was right by the 4th floor elevator and ice machine so I went back down to change rooms and went from a King to a Double. The room is bigger. It just seems like and older room with upgrades. I would be disappointed if I paid $170 from my own pocket for this.

Onto breakfast. This place would have had a 3 but breakfast really did kill it. I didn't see the waffle machine anywhere. I opened the egg and sausage hot plates and they were both sitting in water. This isn't the pan that sits over water but rather the large pan on an electric hot plate. The sausage was floating and the eggs were, too. It was gross. I wasn't touching it. The upside was that I had a healthy breakfast. I had a yogurt and an orange. I was in the mood for a waffle today and some hot food. I know people stay here and not at Courtyard because of the breakfast so I would say it's significant enough to take away a star.

The area is nice. You're in suburbia with lots to eat.

I wouldn't stay here again, though. I wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank UofLtraveler
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear UofLTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel in Knoxville. We value our guests input greatly and are always looking for ways to improve or correct any mistakes that we have made. I wanted to personally apologize for you breakfast experience and the issues in your room and assure you that we will absolutely take some corrective actions in these areas.

We did implement a lot of new menu items and also new equipment back on July 1st as part of a brand wide breakfast change. During the week we have added Greek Yogurt, Fresh Cut Fruit, Hard Boiled eggs, ham, and assorted cheeses in the zone we used to have our waffle maker. On weekends we utilize this area for waffles and remove the other items. The eggs and sausage chafers obviously had too much moisture in the pan or were not traded out frequently enough that morning. We will make sure we monitor this more closely and prevent any future issues.

I would very much like to have an opportunity to earn your business back and provide you a better stay in the future. We have a staff that is committed to great guest service and I apologize that your experience this time was not what we strive for. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future and I hope to have you back at the hotel soon.

SIncerely

865-966-8888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed for our 9th anniversary. Alan was our front desk clerk. Check in was smooth, he explained all the ammenities offered and was super friendly. The room was clean and the bed was fabulous!!! We went and shopped and bought some sweets and asked for milk to go with them. We spoke with Alan again and then we swam pool was small but we didn't mind. The next morning we received an anniversary card with a lovely personal message and a box of chocolates at our door when we went to leave. All in all a highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear skydvr620,

I would like to thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Knoxville. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and had a pleasant visit. I will make sure to share your kind words with Alan. He is an asset to the hotel and does a great job taking care of our guests. We look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is our third stay at this hotel. Our last visit was summer 2012. This was our best stay so far.

Pros:
staff is extremely nice and helpful
rooms have been updated since our last stay and they are much brighter and fresher
we had a 2 double + sofabed room - these rooms are quite large and comforable
hotel is located in Turkey Creek which is a great shopping center with many shops & restaurants

we especially like the following restaurants close or in Turkey Creek: La Parilla Mexican Grill, Connor's Steak House, Texas Roadhouse, Aubrey's Café, The Chop House, Einstein Bros Bagels & Panera Bread.

Cons:
The hotel is very close to the freeway and even if you are in a room at the far end from the freeway, you can hear some noise when the a/c is not running.

On the weekend, we got a AAA rate which was around $120 + tax per night, during the week, the AAA rate was about $179 + tax. This is a little pricey for a SpringHill Suites, so we used some of our Marriott rewards to pay for those nights.

We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and I would like to thank you for continuing to stay with us during your trips to Knoxville.

Philadelphia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Good, clean property...must be one of the newer ones. Good place to stop over if you are passing through....or even if staying a bit longer. In a good are near lots of stores...and restaurant choices...but no high class eateries. Friendly mgr on duty when we were there. Senior rates are very attractive. Good breakfast.
We always ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel...and had no problem here at all...
Easy on ...easy off location....exit 374....near local gas and shops.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear JimCMPhiladelphia,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel here in Knoxville. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the area the hotel is located in. We are fortunate to have so much to do around the hotel, it certainly makes things more convenient for our guests. I appreciate the compliments on the staff and will certainly share them with the team. We look forward to hosting you on a future stay.

pa
Reviewed June 10, 2013

41 parents and students stayed at the SpringHill Suites this weekend in order to attend the Youth National Rowing Championships in nearby Oak Ridge. The front desk staff was extremely accommodating from the time we checked in through checkout. Every request we made to the front desk was met with a smile, from reserving the conference room to recommending restaurants. The rooms are spacious and very clean and the morning breakfast was more than adequate to feed our athletes. The breakfast area staff was extremely pleasant and accommodating as well.

The gym and pool facilities are small, but the hotel offers complimentary passes to a nearby full service gym.

The hotel is located in Turkey Creek which boasts numerous restaurants in all price categories. All in all, we would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear MyThreechicas,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay in our hotel on you team's recent trip to the area. We very much enjoyed hosting your group and am glad to hear you enjoyed your accomodations and the service you received from our staff. We are located in an ideal location for groups such as yourself and the convenience of Turkey Creek is hard to beat. I will share your kind words with the staff and we look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Thurso, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Hotel is very handily placed for the Turkey Creek shops that are all around. Suite was nice with a decent bit for seating and a good sized work space. Swimming pool is rather small and the on site gym is also quite small. 2 computers in the lobby provide free internet access. Usual fare for breakfast and coffee is free all day round. Down side for this hotel is the price paid, $220 incl taxes is rather expensive for what it is. No problem with staff at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
KnoxvilleGM, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Hihgland Stevie,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent stay in Knoxville. I am glad that you enjoyed the area that the hotel is located in. We are certainly lucky to have so many great restaurants and shops within walking distance of the hotel. I am also pleased that you found the room to be spacious, clean, and comfortable. We would very much like to host you on any future trip to the area. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Virginia
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Close to the interstate and next to a great shopping center, breakfast included, each room includes a seating area, clean, great staff, reasonable price. When traveling I prefer SpringHill Suites. I have stayed in 5+ and have found them to be consistent with price, cleanliness and convenience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dunn2002
Dear Dunn 2002,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Knoxville. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

865-966-8888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoxville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville West
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut
Staybridge Suites Knoxville-West
Embassy Suites by Hilton Knoxville West
Courtyard Knoxville Cedar Bluff

Been to SpringHill Suites Knoxville at Turkey Creek? Share your experiences!