“Terrible experience!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peerless Restaurant - CLOSED

Peerless Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar Bluff and Peters Rd
Description: The Peerless Restaurant is proudly Tennessee"s oldest independently owned restaurant. Serving the best butcher cut steaks, and fresh seafood since 1938. The Kalogeros Family welcomes you to the Peerless as part of our family when you dine with us! With a tremendous tradition of fine food and friendly service, the Peerless is a food service leader in East Tennessee and has established a reputation for excellence known throughout the entire east coast.
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Extremely poor customer service. My wife and I have eaten here 8-10 times this year. Food is normally good, although pricey. However, customer service was so poor tonight that I have no desire to return. My advice to my friends will be stay away... for this type of money there are other restaurants that show more concern for their customers dining experience.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank A B

knoxville
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hubby and I came here for a date night. We hadn't been here before. They brought out bread and some crackers, not fantastic, but good. Hubby ordered filet mignon and stuffed shrimp-he was extremely pleased with the filet mignon-it was really tender. He also had an apple with crumb and walnut which was fantastic! I had the sirloin and it had a wonderful flavor. I also had the vegetable of the day which was roasted red peppers, onions, zucchini, and squash-it was quite tasty. We overall enjoyed our meal. The waiter wasn't all that attentive and it wasn't overly busy either. Would go back again.

1 Thank 2explrs
Phoenix, Arizona
“Great place for a business meeting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Brought 30+ clients here for a dinner in one of their private back rooms. Exceptional service, good value, good food, and a most accommodating room complete with a/v support made this a no-brainer. I would definitely come back!

“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I have tried Peerless a few times and I have found it to be over priced for the quality of food you get. I have no problem spending upwards of $75 for a good meal for myself however this really misses the mark. Salads and fish always seem to be old certainly not fresh. This is a popular spot with the locals and I think they have become accustom to going to Peerless while the restaurant rests on it's laurels of past good reputation.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 729
knoxville
“good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Not sure why but this restaurant is not very crowded. We ate there on a Saturday evening and there were only about two dozen people there. Food was very good. We had a salad and a burger and both were very large and tasty. Service was very good. Very little to complain about. Prices are fairly high but you get a lot of food for your money.

• Visited May 2013