“Decent Place”

Ranked #77 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
Palatka, Florida
“Decent Place”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for about 2 months. It's cheap which is what I needed and for the price, people shouldn't expect much. Management is nice and so is the housekeeper, Missy. Inside, the rooms are not the best and spiders get in a lot under the doors. The bathrooms need remodeling because they look dirty. There's no pool or anything like that and they have wifi but the signal is horrible in the rooms. Other than that, they're decent rooms and I like that there's a gas station right beside it so I can walk to get something if I need to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
georgia
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This was our second time staying at this hotel. This hotel looks a bit old from outside, but the rooms have been recently renovated...The new staff was very friendly and professional....Rooms are clean and cozy.....they have added a lot of new amenities....And the prices was pretty low compared to other hotels in the area....we will definitely be back....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Morristown TN
Reviewed September 9, 2009

I came here for a business trip,so I didnt have to pay. So take this as free advice, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!! The person who wrote about the hot water was right,but I wanna add one thing to it. If by some chance you do get hot water,its too hot,and if all goes just right you wont have pressure. Also,I have kiiled 2 bugs since Ive been in this room (3 nights) one silverfish in the bathroom,and a roach in my bed. They dont do proper houskeeping here either. My floor hasnt been swept since Ive been here. There is nothing around here,in walking distance,to eat except Wendy's.
All in all my review of this hotel is,worse than aweful.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jawillson
GEORGIA
Reviewed July 11, 2007

I had stayed at this motel, and I had no problems at all. It was clean and simple. I was looking for a non-expensive place to stay, I this was it. Thw motel does not have a lot of amenities, but it was enough for me to rest and be on my way. I would stay there again.

• Liked — AFFORDABLE AND SIMPLE
  • Disliked — ROOMS NOT BRAND NEW, BUT NEAT AND CLEAN
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
nashville.tennessee
Reviewed January 26, 2006

We arrived late at night after traveling and just wanted a place to rest before we started again the next morning.Wasn't too worried about ammenities but did expect at least hot water the next morning to take a shower before we left,at this point was running late so just decided to tell them when we checked out.When we complained while turning in the keys the desk clerk was very rude and seemed to care less so we asked to see the manager.Should have known better because his attitude was even worse! When my husband at this point was very frustrated said some choice words about their dump of a motel the manager reached over and picked up a ball bat leaning against the wall! I told him in no uncertain terms he'd better put it down or we'd call the police,which he did at that point.I'm calling their corporate office to complain but wanted everyone to know about this place and not to stay there.From the outside looks average but inside rooms not taken care of and very dingy but the main problem was the motel's management being very uncaring and rude.

1 Thank southernwoman