Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We were in Knoxville hosting a health fair and the location of the hotel is great. Actually the rooms were nice and the apples on the front desk were a nice touch. However, they allowed the construction crew into our room twice without a hotel employee. I just felt so utterly violated that we checked out early. The first time they allowed the contractor for their renovation to remove the chair and ottoman which was replaced with a chair. The second time they replaced the bed. Believe me I'm not opposed to having a new chair or bed just please schedule it before or after my visit. They actually picked up our clothes off of the chair and moved it. We didn't receive any prior notification of their entry. When I brought it to the attention of the manager he stated that the building engineer was who removed the chair. I told him I didn't think so then I provided him a description of the young man who I saw sitting in one of the chairs that was outside the room. I then asked again if that was the building engineer. He finally conceded that this was in fact part of the renovation team but the engineer should have been present. I told him that I didn't see the engineer in sight. The manager essentially blamed us for not keeping our do not disturb sign on at all times. I told him that I didn't have issue with a hotel employee entering my room as I had earlier in the day prepared the room for the housekeeping staff. Once they were done I mistakenly assumed that they wouldn't enter our room again (therefore I didn't put away any electronics, personal items etc.). Geez even in an apartment you have a right to notification prior to entry. I told him I didn't want any non-hotel staff in our room. The next morning we left for the health fair. Since we wanted coffee service and towels refreshed we took down the do not disturb sign. While at the health fair they changed out the bed. Luckily I had brought all of my technology with me and left it in the car. Sad you can feel more secure in the parking lot of a public space than in a locked room that you have rented for a few days. We checked out early. Better planning needed. Renovations should happen before or after checkout and not during a consumers stay. Most importantly notifications should be given so consumers can prepare accordingly. Total violation of our privacy. How icky to have a contractor relocate your clothing? Great location if they can only learn to communicate!! Restaurant was closed most of the time as was the bar.

Room Tip: Wait until the renovation is complete. Staff in hallways are really loud in the morning so get to s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for takling the time to provide us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I certainly understand how important this is to you, and we want to apologize again for the incovneience you expereinced during your stay.

We have adjusted 100% of your charges, and we hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to show you how important your loyalty is to us, and how serious we take feedback.

Please contact us directly on your next visit so I can personally assist you with your reservation and some extra touches to show our appreciation.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel overlooks the worlds fair park and is in a good location. You can walk over the bridge and go to numerous restaurants in the city. Rooms were small but clean and quiet with all the amenities you would expect. The bar was overly expensive for a beer.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are so glad you enjoyed our central location downtown at the Park and walking distance to market Square. We know how important clean & comfortable rooms are for our travelers; thanks so much for sharing your feedback.

We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Knoxville.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

The beds were okay. The rooms were small. The pool is at the YMCA down the street. It was clean. There was free WiFi. We got in late, by the time we were hungry the restaurant was closed. They did have take out menus available at the front desk. It was an okay place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay. We are gald you enjoyed our clean hotel, but it seems we could have done more. Please contact us if we can assist you further, or call us the next time you are coming to stay with us and we can ensure we some snacks and beverages waiting for you if you arrive late.

Thanks again for sharing, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

We came to Knoxville for an event at Worlds Fair Park. This location was perfect for us.The room was nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Upon checkout I noticed I had been charged for parking when I had not used the hotels parking but they fixed it immediately. I definitely plan on staying here again next year.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank bonnyleigh

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. We know how important a clean and comfortable hotel is to you when you travel, and we are glad you were able to enjoy the central location downtown by the Wolrd's Fair Park and local restaurants.

Have a great summer, and we will see you next year.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was a GREAT value for the price. We had a king-size bed that was very comfortable and things were modern and clean. It was too bad that breakfast was not included and that there wasn't a pool but everything else was great. Lots of great downtown Knoxville restaurants are within walking distance. And we liked that they offered AAA rates!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed our downtown location, and conveinient proximity to unique restaurants and attractions. We also know how important a fresh, clean room is for our guests, our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure you get only the best.

Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope to see you again.
Warmest Regards & Thanks.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Outstanding. I did a late check-in at 2am after a gruelling trip on the road on 6/21/2014 (Friday night - technically Saturday morning), and this hotel rolled out the red carpet for us regarding checkout time, parking, etc. Our 7 hr trip turned into 11 hours so we were tired. It was a final overnight stop before driving homem to Nashville. The rooms were VERY clean. The showers have dispensers for body wash / shampoo / conditioner which is AWESOME. Beds and sleep were AMAZING. TV was easy to use and staff was VERY helpful. Dooooooooooooown pillows! I've been an SPG since 2006 and stayed in Starwood Hotels since 1990. This was a top notch experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron H
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Our team stayed with our affiliate. Housekeeping checked every day and we had the option to have housekeeping done. Most support staff were quite friendly but we did find one of the front desk staff to be humourless and rather standoffish. I don't know his name but he did his job - we just thought he could look like he enjoyed his job more.

This was a package deal including meals. Dinner for our students who eat Halal was the same meat every night and not very appetizing. Gluten free options were labelled and the dining room manager was able to answer questions about other foods that should be gluten free (just checking). She was very friendly and approachable.

The location is extremely close to the Knoxville convention centre where many of our events took place. It was great being able to walk there and other buildings that were part if University of Tennessee.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Jim R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel for the annual DI Conference. It is such a great event for kids around the world. Thank you for giving us your feedback about the service your received, the housekeeping staff, and our specialty food service.

We hope to see you again next year, thanks again.

Jim