Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House
Ranked #28 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Checked in late after a hard drive and was expecting to have my reserved room missing or problems with late night check in but not here. Everything was GREAT. Front office manager Claude Ward made my arrival pleasant and quick. Mr. Ward treated us with respect and gave my wife and I a little nicer room due to availability. Rooms are nice and clean, comfortable bed and very nice bathrooms. Large flat screen TV w/ HD cable that actually works WOW! If the rest of the staff is as wonderful as Mr. Ward, then I will always stay here when in town!

Room Tip: King bed rooms have more amenities.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank adjustertodd

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is lovely. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We stayed 3 nights in one of the park view suites. The room was large, clean and definitely exceeded our expectations. The only thing I would change is.........every morning, the housekeeping service would go in and out of the rooms surrounding our room. He would let the door slam behind him every time. It became a major annoyance that the hotel should address. It was non-stop doors slamming shut as the housekeeper went in and out of the rooms getting items from his cart. This door slamming woke us up much earlier than planned on 2 of our 3 mornings. This alone would prevent me from staying in this hotel again. Hotel Management.........please tell your housekeeper to not let the door slam behind him a million times first thing in the morning because it is annoying to the other guests.

Room Tip: Pick the park view suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FrequentTraveler3434
Adam G, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Knoxville Cumberland House, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We work very hard to offer a high level of guest services to all of our guests. Regarding the doors slamming in the morning hours, you are absolutely correct. I have already addressed this with our housekeeping team thanks to your comments. I am very sorry that this caused an unsatisfactory experience for you during your stay and I assure you this will not be the case in the future. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us again and I thank you for your business.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is a good deal for the price, as it is very modern, comparable to a Hampton and clean as well. The bar/restaurant is overpriced, so id recommend checking out other areas in downtown for eating and getting your drink on, this place is a good spot to relax and close to the main street and other downtown attractions

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan B
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I've stayed at a lot of hotels, high-end included; however, this was by far one of, if not the best, hotel stays I've had. I felt welcome from the moment I called to confirm the reservation. After a LONG drive, Dave, the evening clerk, was a warm and welcoming relief. The room was immaculate and modern. Dave and the other staff went out of their way to help, even helping my mom bring breakfast back to the room. If you're ever tried to balance food in a hotel you know how much this matters. We ended up staying an extra day just to rest up for the rest of the drive. This was just a layover in our drive but the stay made me want to consider Knoxville for a future vacation. On the drive down I wasn't able to see it's a nice city. Peyton Manning is one of the owners of the hotel and he should be proud to have staff like Dave and the others who will make you shun the bigger name hotels for this great stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank DeeKang
Reviewed November 5, 2011

This was our first stay at Four Points. It was excelent in every way! Room was spacious,and very clean. We had a room with a balcony, and view of the World's Fair Park. Wonderful! This hotel has it all... Great restaurant and bar, serving all day. Great location, and easy to get anywhere in Knoxville. The staff is exceptional! Looking forward to staying here again!

Room Tip: Choose a parkview room,, the view at night is awesome!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlp3501
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Whenever we visit our son at Univ of TN, we stay at the Four Points. It is near the campus, has a decent restaurant and comfy beds and regular amenities. We stayed here in late October, over a weekend, and had, again, a good experience. It's a smaller hotel, but on the Friday night, they held a wedding reception on the 2nd floor, Except for the noise on that floor and the hustle/bustle on the elevators, it did not really affect us.

We always look forward to the staff at the front desk. They treat us as though we are returning friends. Thanks to them!

Room Tip: Try the food in the restaurant. It is good.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TennesseeTraveler057
Reviewed October 22, 2011

This 4 Points is really a great little hotel. New, clean, classy, well maintained and in a great downtown area, it is easy to recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: All the rooms have great views of downtown
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business