“Not even for the price,”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Knoxville
Ranked #81 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville
New Baltimore, Michigan
“Not even for the price,”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I booked a room here on my way south for one night stay figuring it is for one night and how bad can it be! I should have moved on but I decided to stay.
I walked in and the place is in dire need of updateing and repair, The toilet seat was busted in half and they placed a tear away paper ribbon around it to show that it had been cleaned.
The highway was just outside my door and you listen to trucks all night go down the road. This is one hotel that should be shut down!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Donald S
aviknox, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Donald S,

I appreciate the fact that you took time to post a traveler review with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have recently added new toilet seats and painted several rooms. If you are in the area, I would like to offer a discount on a future stay. We hope that you give us another chance.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Knoxville North, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The room had holes in the wall, empty condom wrappers under the bed, refrigerator didn't work and the hair dryer was missing. Water very slow to drain out of the tub and hot water was hard to control! Never stay here again...NEVER

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Paulappstlewait
Dear paulappstlwait,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn and Suites, I would like to personally apologize for any negative experience you encountered during your visit. I am concerned about the housekeeping and maintenance issues you had mentioned on your review. I am also sorry that it took so long to respond. Please know that I will be taking any necessary steps to ensure that these issues do not occur in the future. Please give us another opportunity by contacting me directly.

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites-Knoxville North, TN

Travelers are raving about these Knoxville hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Aside from feeling unsafe and not being sanitary, we did find bed bugs. DO NOT stay here. The front desk also fought us on reimbursing our money, although they ultimately did. If in town for a UT game, my reco is stay within walking distance of the stadium. It is incredibly hard to find a cab in Knoxville

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jen R
Dear Jen R,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am deeply concerned about the bed bug issues you experienced while staying at our property. As you may know, bed bugs present a huge concern in hotels across the Country. Please know that we professionally treat our rooms including the use of mattress protectors to reduce the risk of this issue. We hope that you consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

DO NOT STAY HERE! This is the nastiest motel I've ever seen! Drug activity right in the parking lot! We went in the room, toilet did not flush, mold on walls, major water leak in ceiling at one time ( huge brown/moldy water stains running down wall). Room had a strong moldy smell. We walked in the room & walked right back out...I wouldn't board a stray dog there for the night! Go stay at Sleep Inn down the road...absolutely beautiful plus you get free breakfast...all for $20 more!

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Kreb1974
aviknox, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
I would like to apologize for your inconveniences you had at your stay with us. I have personally looked at the issues and assure you have been taken care of. We hope to see you again very soon! Once again, I apologize for all your inconveniences you had and have resolved the issues listed.
Jackson tn
Reviewed June 25, 2012

They were rude, lied and flipped off my grandson because he asked for toothpaste!! The room was dirty and some rooms had bed bugs! You certainly don't want to bring those little fellas home as your souvenier! Do yourself a favor and stay in one of the other nice hotels in the area. Price is usually what you pay for! Trip Advisor must have 100's of other decent places.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lee L
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I would first like to apologize for all the inconveniences your daughter, son-in-law, and grandson had during their stay at America’s Best Value Inn. Unfortunately, we cannot refund the $295 spent for the stay due to your family staying the full week they paid for. If they were unhappy with the room, we would have been more than happy to switch rooms for them or refund their money back during the first day of their stay. They did not have any complaints while they were staying here. Since they did stay the full week, we cannot give the refund back for their stay. The $25 dollars per pet for a week is due to cleaning the rooms thoroughly for the next customer to stay in. Once again, I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you had at your stay with us. We would like to offer you 25% off your next stay with us, and we hope to see you again very soon!

America’s Best Value Inn & Suites
Manager & Staff
Scottsburg, Indiana
Reviewed February 13, 2011

It's been a while since I've stayed at this hotel on business.
This past stay was a nightmare!!! There were roaches everywhere. I Could go into all the details but.....
I just hope the person who was at the desk when I checked out mentioned it to the owner/manager like they said they would after I complained.
I always enjoyed staying there. Great location. Good restaurants in walking distance.Nice pool. Too bad..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
aviknox, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Knoxville, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
We are very sorry to hear about the problem with your stay. Thank you very much for making us aware of the situation and we would like you to know that the problem was taken care of immediately and we have not had any issues since. Please come back and stay with us again when you are in the area and again, thank you.
USA
Reviewed December 29, 2009

I chose this one based on low rate and good rating from Tripadvisor. I can see why the rate was low, but not why it was rated high.

I've stayed at many low budget motels, and this was one of the worst rooms I've ever had. Dirty, Rundown, Big crack in table. Toilet didnt flush well, No alarm clock/radio, Minimal amount of towels, no tissues. No nightstand next to the bed. Its clear they spared every expense possible. Plus its right next to expressway, so you could hear the traffic all night/morning long.

I dont like to give bad reviews, but I dont want an innocent traveller to make the same mistake I did.

• Stayed December 2009