“Outstanding Food and Service”
Review of Calhoun's

Calhoun's
Ranked #29 of 1,174 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Bar, American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Rockwell, North Carolina
“Outstanding Food and Service”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My wife and I discovered Calhoun's almost by accident a year ago. We now stop in each time we are going through Knoxville. The food is delicious. The service has always been very good. There are very generous servings of food. And yes, the next time we are through Knoxville, we do plan to stop again and enjoy that "Taste of Tennessee" again.

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Food was pretty good, the service was sloppy”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

So, the fried catfish, baked beans and creamed spinich was great. The chicken and ribs were just ok. If you want sweet pies then this will serve you well too. The service was pretty slow, forgot a couple of drinks twice and was just not very sharp, although they were friendly.

• Visited June 2014
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“Onion rings were disappointing”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Some friends and I gathered at this restaurant for drinks and some "munchies" while we discussed some business. I was pleased when our server said that the restaurant had onion rings. I LOVE onion rings, but not the ones that were delivered to me. The other items on the menu may be excellent, but the onion rings most definitely are not.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“So bad...”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I'll start with the good-the white sangria is delicious and so are the fried pickles and bread. Also, the restaurant is clean and the decor is very cute. Now the bad-my husband got a burger and said it was the worst burger he's ever had in his life and he never complains about food. The bun had vinegar on it, or something had vinegar somewhere, and that smell makes him gag. He said the burger had freezer burn and so did the cheese. I got quesadillas and the cheese tasted sour, maybe just a cheese in there I'm not used to but I can't imagine what. Our daughter got a salad and liked it though...

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Food & Service”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Food is always hot, cooked to your specifications, and delicious! Customer service is "Outstanding!"
Don't forget to order the Banana Pudding! There is nothing about this restaurant that I dislike...I always take family & friends new to TN to this restaurant!