“Aubrey's Strawberry Plains”

Aubrey's Strawberry Plains
Ranked #35 of 1,166 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fairfax, Virginia
“Aubrey's Strawberry Plains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We have eaten here 3 times while travelling through the Knoxville area. I read the reviews of those who were not so pleased, but after three visits, I feel good giving Aubrey's an excellent rating. The first time (May 2014), we sat in the bar and enjoyed delicious sandwiches while listening to live music from the patio. The second time (Aug 2014), we again sat in the bar to watch the game on TV while we ate. We started with spinach con queso and the thick cut potato chips - both were great and gone in no time! Our dinners included the citrus salmon, peanut encrusted catfish, salmon tacos, and a special trout dish. The portions were generous and the food delicious. That was when we decided to make it a regular stop on our travels. Back again in August, this time we enjoyed dinner in the dining room - Rattlesnake pasta, Strawberry salad. and a chicken dish. The food has been consistently good, and the wait staff has always been very helpful, personable and prompt with our service. We will be back!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jeannine D

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The manager and staff went out of their way to accommodate our special evening. We ate inside then celebrated on the patio. They went beyond and above! The food was delicious and key lime pie amazing! Thank you!

1 Thank Lucinda P
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

We visited Aubrey's at Strawberry Plains during a stopover on our way to the Smokies. We had choices nearby but it was great to just walk over to this place that was truly nice. We were dealing with two young boys who had been in the car too much and the staff was very flexible with our boys. The food was great though I though the menu was a little large. Kids menu was great too. A little fancy-looking for us (it looked like it was a brand new restaurant) with kids but it was a well-priced. We'll be back if we're in the neighborhood again.

1 Thank biffburley
Kingsport, Tennessee
“First stop...maybe last”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stopped in on our way to Knoxville (this review is for the Strawberry Plains location) having heard that Aubrey's was a good place to eat. This location is new and the building and grounds looked inviting. Sadly to say that was the best part. For the record, my husband and I are not very picky eaters. We tried their 75 cent hot wing special. We ordered them hot with sauce on. They were good size wings, but were VERY, VERY greasy and didn't have any taste. Definitely wouldn't order these again. I got the roasted turkey and Havarti cheese sandwich with fries and my husband ordered the Thunder Road burger and fries. My turkey sandwich was very tasteless, but it did have a lot of the tasteless meat on the sandwich :). The fries were cold and not very flavorful. My husbands burger was better. It had onion rings and jalapeno on it which did give it some flavor. The service was okay and the restaurant was cute inside. Maybe we'll give it another shot when we are back down to K town, but I definitely would select something different from the menu.

2 Thank lisasnowflake
New Market, Tennessee
“Good Place to eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've lived in this area for 5 year;s now, been to most restaurants in the tourist area, once in a while decide to try a place away from that. I heard good reviews about this place, decieded to find out for myself. I was not disappionted! I had the seafood alfredo, my friend had the prime, both were very good, Nice choices of wine,and the service was excellant!
If your looking for someplace away from the crowds,,,,,,,this is one!

1 Thank Ken C