“Treat for your college child”

Litton's Market & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 40 Dessert in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
southeast
“Treat for your college child”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I love going to Litton's anytime I am in Knoxville. It seems like this is the place to take your college child too during a visit. The food is amazing, recommending the Thunder Road Burger and the Salads are the best I have ever had. The wait can be awful but it is long forgotten once you bite into any of the food. You have to sign your name on an old post when you first walk in ...or you just stand there for a long time. The service is always good and if you have an issue, it isn't them, it is you. LOL
I forgot to mention the desserts, better than your grandma's!! The strawberry cake is one you will take home because you will be too full to eat it but you don't want to miss out. The dessert case will be empty by 9:00 pm....it's just that good!

• Visited January 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Not Worth Your Time!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After hearing that this was a great place to eat, we decided to eat here on our visit through Knoxville. Upon arriving, we found out that they close very early for a restaurant. I was disappointed, and I decided to give it another try the next night. I should have went somewhere else...anywhere else. Both of us ordered burgers, and we had fries to share. The waitress never asked us how we liked our burgers cooked. We got our food and after eating a few bites, realized that they were very raw in the middle. Now, by this time, we had waited 30 minutes or a table and waited about 30 minutes to get our food, I was a little tired. When the waitress came over she kind of had an attitude when I told her that I did not like my burger. She indicated that they always tell their customers that everything is cooked medium. NO, she didn't tell us that. She said all she could do was cook us more burgers, and that it would take a while to do so. She said the manager or owner never gives refunds. This was totally unacceptable to me! I didn't want to wait another 30 minutes to get another burger. I was so ready to leave by then. We paid our bill...nearly 40 dollars, and left. This place has terrible food, bad service, and is way over priced. Go to Steak N Shake for a better burger!

• Visited July 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“It's good food.”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Litton's is a staple in the area and has been for a long time, so a lot of people go there, the food is good, but use to be better then it is now, not sure what happened, it doesn't make me want to go and wait for a table like in the past, I can get the same burgers at other places. The service is always go so I may try it again soon..

• Visited November 2012
Knoxville, TN
“Declining Quality with Rising Prices”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Not that long ago I would have given Litton's at least a 4/5 rating, however, recently it seems as if they have let the quality that they were always known for slide while also raising prices. The burgers used to be delicious here, however, the one I had most recently seemed to be made of lesser quality met that was probably frozen beforehand. It was definitely not hand-patted and fresh. I had decided to take some friends here that had never been before and I was disapointed at the curent lack of quality considering I had bragged about the food beforehand. No one disliked their meal, but no one was impessed either. The cakes, however, are still delicious (and about twice the price from what I remember). Next time, I will skip the meal and go straight for the strawberry cream cake.

Visited December 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Over-hyped”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

It's a fun place to be, but the food has just become average. Last time I could tell my burger was NOT handmade as it looked like meat that could have been bought from Sam's. Onion rings are still delicious though.

Visited October 2012