“Still the same wonderfull place”

Litton's Market & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Dessert in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I have not eaten hear in a few years, (usually here for a game and tradition is Calhoun's) we are here for the weekend so I took my family to an iconic place Litton's. My wife and child fell in love, and I relived some memories of college. Make sure you split the burger or hotdog to save room for the hand made desserts, try your favorite first the take something different home for a late snack. Let your taste submerse them selves in wave after wave of dessert heaven. This a unique piece of history that serves great food, if you have never been its a must visit one of Knoxville's greatest treasures.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

A customer of mine could not believe I had never been to Littons. It is an older establishment, but the food is very good. I had a cheeseburger and a slice of pie. Definately worth trying for a casual atmosphere.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times over the past 14 years and always leave thinking it must have been an off day for Litton's given how many people claim they love the place and it's burgers. So, a bit later, we go again with the same result.

Litton's is a nice looking place and service seems to range from average to very good. I almost always get a burger and my opinion is that it averages a 7 on a scale that goes up to 10. It's taste is nothing special and it's usually somewhat dry. Other menu items seem to be just average in taste.

If you want the best burgers in the Bearden to Farragut area go to Aubrey's on Campbell Station Rd. It's a nice looking family restaurant with a full bar and big menu. Second and third choices - Sam & Andy's and Sonic (both on Kingston Pk). Both serve very tasty burgers, are much, much more casual than Aubrey's and have cheaper prices. We prefer all three of these burgers over Litton's.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I eat at Litton's occasionally for lunch. Usually because a client has heard about Litton's and wants to check it out. Litton's has somehow been tabbed one of Knoxville's best eateries. That said, it is over-rated. It's good, just not one of Knoxville's best. They have good hamburgers and sandwiches. Everything else is average. They do have really good deserts. It just doesn't live up to the hype.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've been to Litton's a couple of times over the years when I was in Knoxville and I think the old version of Litton's was much better than it is today. The burgers that so many people hype as " the best they've ever eaten" are really just average at best and are over-priced for what you get. The service was OK but I was never treated as a valued guest at their restaurant. I think Litton's now relies more on their reputation than their menu for their success.