“Our choice for business travelers”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Knoxville, Tn
“Our choice for business travelers”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

I work for a local Knoxville company and we always put our business guests at the Homewood. The free breakfasts and dinners/drinks are a huge hit with our guests. Also, the suites are a nice touch and very unexpected. I've never had anyone complain to me about their room or their stay. The hotel is right in the middle of a huge shopping plaza with every sort of food, shopping, and stuff to do at night so it's perfect for travelers!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank princesshoaige

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Oregon, Ohio
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. It was close to shopping and several different restaurants. Our room was very clean and the staff were friendly. The room was a little smaller than I had hoped, but I felt very comfortable and at home. As for the noise from the traffic, it didn't bother me. We did not open our windows, but had the air going, and we could not hear the traffic. The cleaning staff cleaned our room on a daily basis. The hotel also offered free hot breakfast and free dinner (monday through thursday). This hotel is also pet friendly (YEAH!) The only complaint I had was that you had to pay to use the washer and dryer (we stayed at a Residence Inn in Chattanooga and there was no charge). I would DEFINITELY stay here again and would choose this hotel over TownePlace Suites any day!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Relatively new, with an excellent location. Right behind an Olive Garden, next to a steak place, walk to wine shop and organic grocer.

Biggest drawback is that the rooms are somewhere between loud and deafening. It's like trying to sleep parked in the breakdown lane of the highway.

The hotel is new enough that Hilton made a decision not to soundproof these rooms properly. It's done at airports hotels all the time, but was skipped here. If you stay, insist on a room facing the front of the hotel.

Rooms are also hot. It is far too loud to open a window and the a/c in the room would not click on. The thermostat just reverts to the flame heat symbol.

Would not stay again.

• Stayed June 2010
2 Thank Boston02115
westknoxvol, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
Dear Boston02115,

Thank you for visiting the Homewood Suites Knoxville West and providing valuable feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our convenient location; we agree that we have one of the best hotel locations for access to shopping, dining and entertainment in West Knoxville.

I apologize for the noise levels and issues with your room temperature. I have shared your feedback with our engineering team so that we are able to better serve guests in the future.

I personally invite you to give us another try during your next visit to Knoxville and would be happy to assist you in making your reservation.

Scott Pejsa
scott.pejsa@hilton.com
dayton, ohio
Reviewed January 3, 2010

When traveling with our little ones we always seek a Homewood Suites for the 2 bedroom/2 bath option.Our stays at Homewood Suites have never let us down until we stayed at the West Knoxville location on January 1, 2, and 3, 2010.We were on the 3rd floor of a 4 floor wing. The hallway of this floor had to be a 95 degrees.It was so hot in the haul, yet 20 degrees outside, our air conditioner had to run our entire stay to keep our room below 72 degrees. We open the curtain to find used tissues laying on the window seal. I laid down in the king bed to find a huge piece of gum stuck to the side of the nightstand.All other Homewoods have dishes and utensils, this one had nothing except 4 paper cups in the numerous kithen cabinets, no plastic wear, etc.There are so many choices in this area, I'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank bmalapit
Memphis, TN
Reviewed October 14, 2009

We stayed here on a trip for one night. The hotel seems to be new, everything was very nice in the room. The only complaint was the noise from the interstate. Driving up I didn't realize it backs up to the road or I would have asked for a room on the other side. The interstate noise is a constant. So if you stay, insist on a room away from the road.

Breakfast was better than normal fare, Mexican quesos and waffles. Service was very good. They have outside basketball court, pool, etc but we were just passing thru so didn't use any of it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank biztravel2
Ponder, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2009

As a Hilton Diamond member I get to see several of the Hilton brand properties each year. This Homewood was better than most Homewoods I've visted. When I went to check-in the room I had assigned wasn't ready so the clerk was quick to find me a different room and off I went. As standard with all Homewood properties, there is a stove, refridgerator, dishwasher and microwave inside the suite and the decor was nice. The room itself was very clean (with the exception of a hair I found bound up in the first towel I went to use). They provide the standard Manager's reception dinner and offered chicken parmesean, caesar salad and green beans the night I stayed. I didn't make it down for the breakfast in the morning but it was provided. The best part of this hotel is the location, in the middle of tons of restaurants and shopping. Within walking distance is Texas Roadhouse, Mimi's Cafe, Olive Garden and some other steakhouse. If you have a car there are tons of other places within about a half mile. A Super Target is about two blocks away if you need anything. Overall this was a great property and if I am to return to this area I would not hesitate to book a stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
South Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We had lots of family and friends staying for a wedding in every type of room - all exceptionally clean and perfectly serviced every day, every amenity in kitchen, big TVs with a variety of programming and DVD player. Nice little pool with sitting areas and landscaping around, tucked in the middle of the property away from traffic noise. Nice touches: computer room with printers, work-out room, walking/jogging trail in back, 24 hour comfort shop in lobby. Breakfast buffet was awesome - lots of selections, a little variety in the menu each morning, very clean, kitchen staff constantly cleaning and re-stocking. Would go back anytime! P.S. Pets allowed and made comfortable, too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family