Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 9, 2007

We stayed at the Homewood Suites on Jan. 7, 2007 for one
night. We stayed in a two bedroom suite(corner room). This
was the first time we had stayed in a two bedroom-we were
meeting family to go to the UT basketball game and it was perfect for our family. The front desk staff was very friendly
and helpful-we were able to check in early. The breakfast
was also great-we loved the waffles.

This area of Knoxville is very nice-lots of great shopping and
restaurants near the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank nlg

Reviewed January 1, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 8 months last year on a long term work assignment and had a wonderful experience all around. The facility is less than two years old and is in the booming Turkey Creek shopping and entertainment area of west Knoxville. It is in a very good area with great access to many restaurants, a Regal 18 theater, etc....

The desk staff here was always very professional and readily willing to help with anything I needed. Dont know if it mattered at all that I'm a Hilton Diamond member, but they always made sure my room was facing the quieter inside courtyard and seemed attentive to the little details.

The hotel has fairly close access to the interstate, has an Earthfare grocery store about a three minute walk across the parking lot, a Super Wal-Mart, Super Target, a few dozen restaurants, and numerous shops withing the Turkey Creek area.

The rooms were very clean at all times, the cleaning staff always did any dirty dishes in the kitchen area, and the furnishings were all still quite new.

The only problem I had while here occured just shortly after hurricane Katrina while many of the "guests" were displaced from that area and staying in the hotel courtesy of FEMA. It was during this time that my truck was stolen from the parking lot one night. Surprising since this is a really nice area, well lit, etc.... Unfortunately it was not recovered. The next five or so months there were without incident and I can only think that Katrina had something to do with it...

The daily breakfast was adequate and includes hot food....eggs, waffles, breakfast meat, etc.... Evenings from Mon-Thurs they also have food around dinner time. Its a very basic dinner, but adequate if you dont feel like going out.

I would readily stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank frosty5
Reviewed February 13, 2006

I stayed at this property mainly because of the reviews that I read, and believe me it did not meet expectations. Let me say, I stayed here for one month in the best suite they had. We had plumbing issues that made us relocate to other rooms 3 times. It was a foul, sewage smelling room that never was fully resolved. The dishwasher was broken, and it took a week to get fixed. Once the dishwasher was fixed, something was done incorrectly and it flooded the kitchen. It took another week to get fixed once again. Another thing about the hotel is the location, it is 50 feet from the highway, which promotes alot of highway noise. I wish I could say this was good, but it was an overpriced letdown. One positive item was some of the staff, which were very friendly. Given the area, the price, and this experience I would consider other alternatives.

9  Thank micavaco
A TripAdvisor Member
Franklin, TN
Reviewed November 13, 2005

You get what you pay for! A little more than some hotels but well worth the extra!Rooms are well laid out with bedroom seperated from sitting room and kitchen. Treat yourself! Great restaurants and wine store within walking distance, great shopping area, close enough to UT but away from the rat race.

• Stayed: October 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2005

This is a great hotel, the whole experience was excellant.

Staff are really friendly and fall over themselves to help, nothing is too much trouble.

The rooms are so clever with a mini apartment feel, with proper refrigerators and microwaves, this was great having a small child and heating and storing her food.

The bathrooms are very tidy and the shower was large and clean.

The beds are very very comforable and the pillows are the best I have ever had in a hotel.

Location lets it down if you are wanting to visit Knoxville as it is abit out of the way but I think it was worth it.

I will always look for this brand of hotel in the future.

I give this hotel 9.5/10

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I stayed here on business for three nights. This is in a great location with lots of new development all around the hotel and very convienient to I-40/75.

I have stayed in lots of nice, high-end hotels in major cities, and I must say thte the Homewood Suites in Knoxville is one of the niceest and most comfortable hotel rooms I have ever stayed in! (I know that sounds unbelievable, but it's true.) The rooms are quite large and furnished very nicely. This property is brand new, and is very nice. Highly, highly reccommended.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank JMfromTN
Reviewed May 24, 2005

We were looking for a two-day stay somewhere pleasant after driving for days and staying in some so-so rooms. This place is perfect!! Excellent service and very clean. We got a one-bedroom suite. Mon-Thurs there is beer/dinner in the lobby and breakfast everyday, so at $129 it is a bargain. Pleasant and bright atmosphere. We will seek Homewood Suites as we continue our trek!

Stayed: May 2005