Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek
Ranked #12 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 29, 2014

It didn't feel like Hilton quality (not posh) but it was very clean, excellent breakfast and dinners, the staff is very accommodating and it was and enjoyable stay. I thought is was pricey. Excellent location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Our first Homewood Suites stay and we were very satisfied! Don't know if they are all this good; but Turkey Creek was very impressive. Location was great; eating establishments were very close. Turkey Creek shoppes were within walking distance. We would stay there again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is wonderfully located: just off the freeway, and within walking distance of restaurants. We had requested a king size bed and didn't get one. The a/c unit was not working well. On the positive side, the room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
david m, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Fjellsende,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize if there was an issue with the air conditioner. I assure you that this is not a normal occurence and we will make sure that it is rectified. I did notice that your reservation was booked for a queen studio suite and I also apologize if we were unable fulfill your request to upgrade. We always try to meet our guest's requests if we have the availability. We appreciate your feedback because we continually work to improve our guest experience. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Knoxville!

David McNeil

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We're originally from Knoxville, so when we stopped in town to visit relatives over the July 4th weekend on our way to move to Virginia, we knew we wanted something convenient to everything. Being right in the middle of the Turkey Creek shopping complex was a definite plus. Everything else was spot-on, from the comfortable beds, free breakfast and dinner (on weeknights), friendly staff, and great pool, to the fully-equipped kitchen and lots of room to spread out for our family of 3 plus two cats.
One of my primary requirements for a hotel is quiet and this one was just like sleeping at home, even though it's right in the middle of a busy area alongside an interstate. Overall, it was a wonderful stay and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2014

When we travel we look first for a Homewood Suites Hotel for our stay. We have never had a bad stay at any Homewood Suites Hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms have always been clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My friend and I stayed in two separate rooms (120 Handicapped and 122) both queen suites for $139/night each while driving home from Michigan recently.

The Good:
- Rooms were basically clean but had some minor maintenance issues (the desk in 120 had irregular divots and what appeared to be nail polish on its surface and carpets were stained with scuffs on the walls.)
- Enjoyed the complimentary popcorn and coffee in the otherwise superfluous kitchenette.
- Bed linens and towels were good quality as were the provided Neutrogena bath products.
- Allows pets for a fee.
- The otherwise crowded and avoidable breakfast was saved by freshly baked carrot cake and blueberry muffins.

The Not So Good:
- Our rooms were in the back directly facing the Interstate. The traffic was so loud that I had trouble sleeping despite the windows and blackout curtains. Ear plugs finally did the trick at 1 AM.
- The fruit drinks available for sale in the lobby were well past their use by date and looked discolored.
- The location in the parking lot of a large shopping mall complex could be seen as benefit for those people looking for nearby shopping or dining options but just served as more chaos to sort through to get to our hotel room for us.

Would I stay here again? Only if I could avoid being spitting distance from the trucks roaring by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not directly facing the interstate.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Darren T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear MarkOrmondBeach,

Thank you very much for your review! I am glad that you enjoyed your rooms and amenities that we supply. I do apologize for the highway noise during stay. We are in a very convenient location, but there is noise from the highway that comes with it. Please let me know if you are passing through Knoxville again, and I will be sure to get you in a courtyard room not facing the highway. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites Knoxville!

Regards,

Darren Tallent
Asst. General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2014

Given a choice, I search for a hotel that is closest to "home away from home". Homewood Suites comes closest with the huge amount of space in the main living area, fully equipped kitchen and a sofa to stretch out and watch TV. This was not my first time to stay at Homewood Suites, as I've traveled around the country and quite often choose this hotel. The downside is the huge variance in breakfast. Knoxville was a disappointment as the food was below average. I ended up eating a muffin with coffee. Other than the food, I would rate Homewood Suites as an upscale place of lodging with affordable prices, a fantastic location with mall and top notch restaurants within walking distance (and sight) of the front entrance. For the price, it's an "A".

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear lindagailw,

We greatly appreciate your feedback about your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear that we are able to provide you a home away from home, as this is our main goal here at Homewood Suites. I do apologize for your breakfast experience. We strive to provide excellent food quality and variation, and I am sorry we missed the mark on this stay. Thank you for choosing Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Regards,