“A favorite place to rest during my travels....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites

BEST WESTERN PLUS Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
VA
“A favorite place to rest during my travels....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2009

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times now and have been very pleased. The first stay was a couple of yrs ago and we traveled with kids and family. The hotel staff was very accomodating and the rooms were VERY spacious...perfect for families and large groups. The pool was a great hit with the kids too. Recently I have started traveling through Knoxville and have found this hotel to be a great midway stopping point for my journey. The location is easy access off the internet and there are tons of places nearby nearby. The room is always crisp and clean, the staff is friendly and very helpful. Check in/out is a breeze. I love having a microwave and fridge in the room...it really helps keep my costs down and my eating habits in check :) . The price averages $70 or so and that is totally worth it to me, for the cleanliness and convenience. If you've never stayed here, give it a try. Don't expect a 5 star hotel...but I believe it is every bit of a 4 star for the area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Canton Ga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stay in this area a lot for business, and wanted to try a few new places, since our usual place has been getting a bit lax. Although this motel was a bit more pricey, we decided to try it.

Imagine our disappointment when we found it was very dated by the decor, was a bit run-down, and all in all, not very clean. It was not overtly dirty, just not very "clean feeling" overall. The walls seemed to be a bit thin, we could hear toilets flushing and showers running easily, as well as water rushing through pipes in the walls, not a very good thing to hear. We decided to try a swim to cool down a bit, and found the pool to be cloudy, and once again, not very clean(as well as VERY cold). There were, in all fairness, plenty of pool towels, and the jetted whirlpool , although very cloudy looking, was very welcome.
The beds were fairly nice..soft but firm enough, the TV an older model, but serviceable. Shower and bath in general worked fine, but we did run out of hot water in the morning..made shaving a bit tougher.

Breakfast was just OK- selections were a bit meager, and I observed more than a few folks grimacing in disgust as they tried the gravy and biscuits. The OJ was pretty good, but coffee was indistinguishable from brown hot water..very little taste. Wife had the eggs which she rated as rubbery, and not very good. I did see some folks eating the ubiquitous hotel waffles, and they seemed to enjoy. The lady manning the breakfast area was doing a fair job, but barely keeping up. Why would there be a TIP jar (loudly and poorly marked as such) be posted at a FREE continental breakfast? Is the motel NOT paying the poor woman's wages? I am all for tipping for good service, BUT this is self serve! VERY tacky, in my opinion!

While waiting for a new carafe of coffee, i DID over hear a guest asking for copies of security camera footage, his car (apparently) was damaged in the parking lot, and the clerk / manager was telling him the owners were the only ones who can review that. I did go check the car! Not very reassuring !

All in all, not a place we are likely to go back to, with all the choices out there. For the $ there are better motels!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2009

Booked four rooms at this property for a family get together and we could not have pickeda better place. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were courteous, friendly and extremely helpful. They treated the children in our party great. Even let us use the breakfast room one night to hold a birthday party for our 8 year old. We made good use of the fitness room, pool, hotub and computer center. I would highly recommend this property for anyone.

• Liked — Terrific staff!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Lexington, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

For a quick weekend in Knoxville, we weren't looking for anything special or fancy - just a good, clean comfortable hotel to crash in at night. This Best Western did just the trick, and overall no major complaints.

The room was clean enough, sufficiently large for two people, and everything worked. The bathroom is also quite large. Unlike previous reviewers, I found the beds to be extremely comfortable and always slept quite well. There were plenty of spare outlets for charging cell phones, etc. and the wireless internet worked well. This hotel does not use LodgeNet, which is awesome because when you turn your TV on it stays on the last channel you watched. The microwave and refrigerator also came is quite handy. Breakfast was good and included sausage, eggs and biscuits. While the breakfast area is very crowded, they opened up the adjacent meeting room for overflow which was a nice touch. The pool and hot tub also were in good order, and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful.

I had only a couple of gripes: check in/out was a bit of a hassle as our rate was "lost." Fortunately, I had a printout of my reservation to verify the rate. Our room was on the third floor, which is partially smoking. The smoke smell was strong in the hallway, but barely noticeable in the room. The parking lot also got crowded late at night as lots of people pulling trailers seem to stop here, taking up 3 or 4 parking spaces because they won't disconnect their trailers. I'd like to see management address the parking issue.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2008

New Hotel, right off the interstate. Very friendly staff and great service. Beds where very comfortable. Great Breakfast with Hot Food items including Waffle Maker. Would stay here again if in the Knoxville Area.

• Liked — Excellent Value
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Franklin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

Good hotel for the money and in a safe area. Has a nice indoor pool and plenty of places to eat around there. The rooms are very clean and the lobby is clean. Seems like a new hotel. The only problem is the beds are awful. You can feel every spring in your back and hips. I think I woke up 20 times in the night. The pillows are very lumpy so bring your own. The breakfast is ok but I would go to cracker barrel instead. We had to wait in line forever for the one waffle maker also dont try the eggs. But for the price not bad just cant wait to sleep in my own bed tonight.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — The bed were awful hard and you could feel the springs
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Emerald Coast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2007

We stayed at Best Western Strawberry Inn in late March, during a busy nascar race weekend. We had booked non smoking rooms, but was surprised when they put our room next to a smoking room, and the person must have been a chain smoker because our room reeked of smoke. I knew the hotel was totally booked, so didn't even try to move. Also the beds were great, but had the worst pillows, which is a shame, the rooms were fine, if we had been on the other side of the hallway, and not next to a smoking room, I probably would have given them a very high rating. Was disappointed to have to pay much more for rooms because it was a nascar weekend, but do understand supply and demand, but think they were way overpriced even due to that. Also they close their breakfast in my opinion too early, although there were people there after the time they supposedly close, think they should extend the time at least another half hour.

• Liked — room was clean, and new condition
  • Disliked — booked non smoking but because of smoking room next door was disgusted by smoke smell
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family