“Don't mess up your reservation”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I decided to try this hotel after bad experiences with LaQuinta Inn next door. The first stay was nice so I wanted to book it again. I accidentally made reservations at a location 20 minutes away. That is where the trouble began. Best Western refused to allow me to change my reservations. I was given two choices; cancel my existing reservation and lose the money paid Or travel the 20 minutes to the location where I made the initial reservation. There was no way I would forfeit the money paid so I journeyed the 20 minutes. The chosen location was run down in my opinion. When I voiced my complaint to Best Western I was told that their locations are locally owned and the policy was followed. Not happy at all and will never stay in Best Western again. My advice is to do your research and make sure you pick the correct location. If not their policy is very unforgiving and reservations cannot be changed if you make mistake.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I was very satisfied with our stay here. Staff was friendly. Breakfast was typical of a Best Western, and the room was clean and very comfy. WiFi was easy to access and very fast. Found a great deal online! Was easy to find off the itnerstate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This Best Western is off the Interstate and sets back from the highway so either front or back will give you a good nights rest. Internet rate can't be beat especially if you want either Best Western Points or Airline Points. Typical of all BW's the morning breakfeast, for a quick bite, will get you on down the road. The room was well appointed, WiFi easy to link and use and the King Size bed wil let you and yours saw logs like no other. Close to several restaurants and a gas station is a few yards away. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any floor will be just fine
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here for the night because the weather got bad and the roads were terrible. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool. Our room was clean but the beds were a little uncomfy we all left with sore backs in the morning. The staff was very friendly and the break east was OK but the bisciuts and gravy were a little hard and cold.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place has the worst customer service I have seen in quite a while. I checked in on June 29, 2013 around 9pm and the person at the desk was wouldn't know friendly if it jumped up and bit her on the nose. She acted as though I was disturbing her. Then she just started "rattling" off rules of the hotel to hurry up and get me out of her sight. The free breakfast leaves much to be desired. I'm still not sure what was in the gravy they served with the biscuits. The breakfast attendant just kept complaining about how tired she was, how she had been working since 2:30am and how much of a mess her kitchen was. Do these people realize they are in the service industry?? Lastly, in the middle of the day on Sunday, someone decides to conduct full blown construction right across from my room All kinds of hammering and knocking and removing door frames. When I went to the front desk to complain they gave no apology but instead said the guy was almost done. The beds were very uncomfortable and hard. For all of these reasons, I would never stay here again and would never recommend the property to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We checked in at 930pm and Ann was annoyed she had to work. She barked directions at us and rolled her eyes. The room is dated and worn. The doors to the rooms did not match which was very tacky. Location is great and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights recently on a work / pleasure trip and was very suprised by the quality of the hotel from our late check in to our check out on Sunday. The staff from the front desk, breakfast areas and housekeeping went out of their way every day to make our stay enjoyable. My wife and I went to work each day knowing our daughter and granddaughter would be well entertained by the sparkling pool and close by eating choices, even after stuffing ourselves at the hot continental breakfast each morning. We even had to leave our trailer in the parking lot after checking out on Sunday so that we would'nt have to try and drag it through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg and were told "no problem" come and get it whenever you'd like.... Saved us time, trouble and aggravation beyond measure. Will be back to Knoxville again soon and will most assuredley stay here again......

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business