“Clean, comfortable, and friendly”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #34 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here as an overnight on a road trip. It is close to I40, but far enough off the interstate that we didn't hear any road noise. The rooms were large and comfortable,and there was an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Our room rate included breakfast. We thought breakfast was served until 10 am, however when we got there at 9:15 everything was cleared away, and we were informed that it was served until 9. The very friendly woman working there insisted on bringing the food back out so that we didn't "miss" our breakfast. The staff at the front desk was also frindly and helpful.
We left there feeling like we had an experience, not just an overnight stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 30, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked through an auction site and was very afraid based on some of the reviews. Maybe I was lucky, but I got a non-smoking room. I did smell a wee bit of smoke in the hallway at times, but never overwhelming.

The room was very clean and large. Bathroom had solid surface counter tops, updated sink fixtures. Tub/shower was just okay, definitely clean, but a cheap unit. That's my only complaint actually. No mold in this shower at all, as other reviewers have complained. Room had a flat screen tv, newer drapes to block out sun, newer comfortable mattress, thankfully no nasty "bedspreads", microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc. all updated. Room smelled fresh and clean.

I stayed 3 nights and had to do some serious paper work. The room and area was very quiet, perfect for my needs.

The staff were really pleasant to me and I found the service to be excellent. Everyday breakfast was the same...scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, waffle iron, cereal, etc. They must have read my mind, because the breakfast server asked if I wanted yogurt. (That's actually my daily breakfast). She went back and got it for me. She said they have other items as well, just not enough room to put it all out. So don't be shy to ask.

I once stayed at a Best Western outside of Denver in the mid 90's that was so horrible I swore myself off of them forever. This hotel has definitely changed my mind about Best Westerns!

I just don't understand all the bad reviews. All the employees were American and very hospitable.

Having just stayed 6 nights previously at a much higher TA ranked extended stay hotel (and much pricier, too) while awaiting my lease to open, I was so relieved when I arrived here. This hotel was much cleaner, the surrounding area much safer and secure, and the staff much more accommodating.

For my low auction price, it was well worth it. The staff never treated me differently for booking through auction.

Beware of the negative reviews. As a frequent traveler and long-time TA contributor, this hotel is just fine.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, which was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel generally was a good one to stay at. The beds were comfortable. Location was near a number of restaurants and fast food places. Rooms were nice overall.

The problem was service particularly at the front desk. I checked in on two different occasions and both times the service was very unfriendly. I felt unwelcome. They also made several negative comments about the price I was paying (booked on Priceline) when I requested a non-smoking room over a smoking room.

The stairwells were very littered with trash as well. Need to be cleaned more regularly.

Pool was very cold. Hot tub needed cleaned.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Booked through a third party site. When I arrived I had to wait for 5 to 8 minutes because the desk clerk was in the back doing something ( I believe her name is Tiffany?). She did not apologize for keeping me waiting. Checked into a third floor room. When I opened the door the cigarette smell was overpowering, so I called immediately to the front desk to request a non-smoking room. She told me that all non-smoking rooms were booked, and hung up. I definetly would not stay at this Best Western again, rude service and smelly room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business