“Things to do”

Best Western Plus Strawberry Inn & Suites
Ranked #35 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked through an auction site and was very afraid based on some of the reviews. Maybe I was lucky, but I got a non-smoking room. I did smell a wee bit of smoke in the hallway at times, but never overwhelming.

The room was very clean and large. Bathroom had solid surface counter tops, updated sink fixtures. Tub/shower was just okay, definitely clean, but a cheap unit. That's my only complaint actually. No mold in this shower at all, as other reviewers have complained. Room had a flat screen tv, newer drapes to block out sun, newer comfortable mattress, thankfully no nasty "bedspreads", microwave, fridge, coffee maker, etc. all updated. Room smelled fresh and clean.

I stayed 3 nights and had to do some serious paper work. The room and area was very quiet, perfect for my needs.

The staff were really pleasant to me and I found the service to be excellent. Everyday breakfast was the same...scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, waffle iron, cereal, etc. They must have read my mind, because the breakfast server asked if I wanted yogurt. (That's actually my daily breakfast). She went back and got it for me. She said they have other items as well, just not enough room to put it all out. So don't be shy to ask.

I once stayed at a Best Western outside of Denver in the mid 90's that was so horrible I swore myself off of them forever. This hotel has definitely changed my mind about Best Westerns!

I just don't understand all the bad reviews. All the employees were American and very hospitable.

Having just stayed 6 nights previously at a much higher TA ranked extended stay hotel (and much pricier, too) while awaiting my lease to open, I was so relieved when I arrived here. This hotel was much cleaner, the surrounding area much safer and secure, and the staff much more accommodating.

For my low auction price, it was well worth it. The staff never treated me differently for booking through auction.

Beware of the negative reviews. As a frequent traveler and long-time TA contributor, this hotel is just fine.

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor, which was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel generally was a good one to stay at. The beds were comfortable. Location was near a number of restaurants and fast food places. Rooms were nice overall.

The problem was service particularly at the front desk. I checked in on two different occasions and both times the service was very unfriendly. I felt unwelcome. They also made several negative comments about the price I was paying (booked on Priceline) when I requested a non-smoking room over a smoking room.

The stairwells were very littered with trash as well. Need to be cleaned more regularly.

Pool was very cold. Hot tub needed cleaned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Booked through a third party site. When I arrived I had to wait for 5 to 8 minutes because the desk clerk was in the back doing something ( I believe her name is Tiffany?). She did not apologize for keeping me waiting. Checked into a third floor room. When I opened the door the cigarette smell was overpowering, so I called immediately to the front desk to request a non-smoking room. She told me that all non-smoking rooms were booked, and hung up. I definetly would not stay at this Best Western again, rude service and smelly room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank L D
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Wonderful reception by staff upon arrival - make you feel right at home. Located right off I-40 with lots of resturants within walking distance or easy drive- if you attending Tennessee football game, they even have a shuttle bus to take you there and back! Great breakfast - hot and ready when you are!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan M
La Grange, Kentucky
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Beware if you are booking this hotel through a third party.They will automatically put you in a smoking room. I asked for a non-smoking room at check-in but was told I had to pay a $15 plus tax.They said it was their policy to charge customers that booked through a third party. Condsidering the hotel was less then a quarter full I thought it would have been no problem to just give me one. I also was with my two young children so If it is Best Westerns policy to put kids in a smoking room unless you pay extra then I will not stay at a Best Western Hotel. I also asked the front desk three different times to have a manager call me. No one ever did. I filled out a comment page on their website to voice my disapproval and was then finally contacted by the manager through email. She basically threw her staff under the bus blaming them for misunderstanding and said if I come back to call her directly and she will waive the fee. No thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Lynn Haven
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Large Room which felt like an expansive suite. It was a 'Standard' room. It IS so consistant which means no surprises but excellent accomdation-would definately go back again. Would liked to have tried the indoor pool-maybe next visit.

Room Tip: No all the rooms are aok!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple