“A solid performer near the UT campus”

Copper Cellar Restaurant
Ranked #72 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Original Copper Cellar has been a Knoxville icon for 40 years. Join us upstairs at the Cumberland Grill for fresh ground burgers, fantastic sandwiches, huge salads, hand crafted micro brews from Smoky Mountain Brewery, and freshly squeezed drinks. Our 15 high def TVs make it the perfect spot to watch the big games. Choose to dine with us downstairs in The Original Copper Cellar and enjoy the best hand cut steaks, fresh seafood, nightly specials, and an unparalleled wine selection. Down in the Cellar is the perfect place to celebrate any special occasion.
Vonore
“A solid performer near the UT campus”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Copper Cellar is really two restaurants in one. The upstairs is casual dining and fare, e.g., Wednesday night is "Burger Night" and the college students fill the place. Downstairs, however, the ample barroom is a quiet spot of dark wood, soft light, and quiet that is frequented by older adults. The menu is basic steakhouse with enough seafood, fowl, and veggies to satisfy all in your party. The food prep is very good, and the service is attentive. The wine list is medium sized and contains numerous good choices, and it is priced about two or two and one-half times retail. Do not hesitate to go. You're in Knoxville where college students are still respectful.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Barton W

Chattanooga, TN
“Very Very Good!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband had the crab bisque and is still talking about it two months later (just told me yesterday that he could eat it every single day). I had the roasted chicken salad. It was truly the most satisfying salad I have ever eaten. It had roasted chicken instead of grilled which is a nice change of pace. It also had a couple of different lettuces, strawberries, cranberries, feta, really tasty pecans, and a honey balsamic dressing. It hit every one of my taste buds!

This was one of my favorites when I was a kid, one of my favorites when I was a student, and I still love to go there when I am in town.

FANTASTIC!

• Visited July 2013
Germantown, TN
“Upscale restaurant in the middle of The Strip”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Too my son out to dinner after move in day. We usually head to Gay Street but this time stayed on The Strip and saw The Copper Cellar. We were seated immediately as we were only a party of two. What a pleasant surprise this was, nice menu, something for everyone and an extensive wine and mixed drink menu. I had the roasted chicken salad ( excellent) and my son had the turkey Ruben ( also excellent). I can see that this must be a favorite place with parents as much what is on The Strip is more geared towards students. I can also imagine that the wait here could be long depending on the time and calendar, however with that being said our experience was only positive. Service was attentive and the atmosphere while lively, we were able to carry on a conversation. Will return again and recommend.

• Visited August 2013
Middletown, Delaware
“Trivia Night Beware!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stopped in on Monday in July, we were told because it was trivia night there were no seats available and no one was getting up anytime soon. Atmosphere was loud and crowded. One had the feeling there were cheap draft specials.

Visited July 2013
Knoxville, TN
“Consistency is nice.”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Copper Cellar has been around for a long time, more than likely because it maintains a high standard of food quality and service. Went on Mother's Day late in the afternoon (good time to hit, after the brunch crowd has left). Good salmon special with rice and braised spinach. Love their bread. Quiet enough for a table of six to hear what each other was saying!

• Visited May 2013