“Overpriced and still hungry when we left”
Review of King Tut's Grill

King Tut's Grill
Ranked #183 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2014

After a coworker recommended this place, my husband and I took our two kids. He's a vet and loves any ethnic food. He was really excited about this place, and despite the shabby decor and tiny menu, we ordered and still kept an open mind. I had the Greek salad, which was large (the only thing that was large that we ordered). It was around ten bucks even though there was no meat on it, so in my book that was a bit steep. He ordered falafels and grape wraps, which he normally loves. The woman who was working said that she could easily ring that up but then she way overcharged for it, and he didn't think it was good. His ended up being more than mine, and he ended up helping me eat my salad because he was still hungry. I guess what the real kicker was that both of the kids (ages 9 and 11) got gyros. They were more than many places charge, but they had little meat on the pitas and came with no sides. Drinks were $3 each. So when everything was said and done, our tab for four people was almost $60, and we had to hit a drive through for the kids because they were still starving. It's not that the food is bad; it's that you don't get much of it, and you'll pay like you're at a nice restaurant. Oh and I almost forgot the service- she was nice enough, but after she dropped our food off, she never came back. My husband had to get up and go to the kitchen to ask for more sauce. Awkward! I normally love dives and mom and pop shops, but this one just doesn't make the cut.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I am so mad that we didn't walk out............I don't know how this place stays open. This place was so dirty words can't describe it.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

When you see the place you will not be inpressed but dont let that deter you. Yes I will agree the food was a little slow to come but it was well worth the wait. The Greek salad was one of the best I have ever had. It was 10 dollars but I dare one person to eat all of it in one sitting. if you do you must be very hungry. The wife and I had the gyros and they were great. Like I said dont let the looks deter you.

1  Thank rapom1
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I can't even begin to describe how horrible our experience was. Let's see, dinner took over two hours, of which 15 minutes was spent eating and the rest was spent waiting (on drink, on menu, on silverware, on food, on check, etc). My husband ordered the grilled chicken which was 1/4 of a chicken breast, uncle Ben's rice and green beans out of a can. I ordered the Egyptian sampler where everything was drowned in vinegar. My falafel was crispy (like a Ritz cracker). My entree was one of the most expensive on the menu and didn't have a single piece of meat on there. My waitress spent 5 minutes trying to find calculator on her phone she could figure out how much change to give me on a $14.45 check (we had a Groupon) from a $20 bill.
I saw most of the other patrons bring their own alcohol to dinner and I can understand why... You need it to get through dinner at this place.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Notice I said used to go there. Moe's, as I call it, is unique but unfortunately the times I saw the roaches crawling up and down the walls beside my table pretty well sealed this restaurant's fate with me. Food was always just adequate. Moe's entertainment is what made this place worth going to. Yes the drinks come in flower vases, some with bicycle horns that you toot to get a refill. It was fun those many years ago but I cannot return.