“Amazing Lunch”

Stock and Barrel
Ranked #5 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer a relaxing and upbeat atmosphere for you to experience our version of "locally grown" gourmet, craft burgers. For the whiskey connoisseur, we have chosen a wide range of bourbon options to choose from. We offer them neat, on the rocks, or mixed with fresh ingredients to create our interpretation of traditional cocktails. For the beer drinker, we offer a wide selection of draft, craft beers to choose from along with multiple domestic beer options
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stopped in for a quick bite. Black and Bleu burger was amazing. Seasoned and cooked perfectly. Bleu cheese FONDUE on this bad boy. Seriously? Genius. Pure evil genius. Servers were incredibly friendly and personable. Atmosphere was somewhere between dive bar and modern restaurant concept. If you're looking for whiskey, this is the place to come. Bourbon menu was ridiculous. Wish I wasn't just there for lunch.

If you're in Knoville, hit this spot. Lunch or dinner. You can thank me later.

1  Thank Chris E
Write a ReviewReviews (1,058)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a great restaurant on Market Street. My husband had the Farmer Burger with the fried egg which he loved and I had the Southern One with the Pimento Cheese which was fantastic. Our kids got a cheeseburger and grilled cheese with fries and both loved them. The fries are amazing! I substituted fries for the greek village salad which was very fresh and tasty and my husband had the bean and corn salad which was also very good. I highly recommend!

1  Thank Lauren K
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Been here three times now and am thrilled with my experience every time. Working my way through the menu. I highly recommend The Hurt Locker (some of the best pimento cheese I've ever had). Bourbon list is impressive but a bit pricey for me. Love that they use local farm products.

Small place, and they are often crowded so don't be surprised if you have to get real cozy next to some strangers.

Finish off your meal with a Nutella milkshake (duh).

1  Thank mobilityspecial
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The burgers and duck confit fries were awesome - My husband had the bison burger and I had the cheeseburger - I had the Gluten Free bun and it is the first time I ever had to wonder if they made a mistake - that good a bun!!! (no mistake). The wines are pricy by the glass but reasonable by the bottle. The bourbon list is HUGE - the only difficulty for Hubby was choosing.
The room is small but we were comfy. The server was great. Would definitely go again. There is a wait if you are there after 5:30 to 6.

1  Thank Ann D
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I like good burgers & this place has it! My husband had The Greek which was made with Lamb burger. It was wonderful. I think I liked it better than The Black & Blue. Let me preface it by saying that it too was very good but I am not a huge bacon fan (oh the horror!). If you like bacon you should enjoy that aspect of this burger. Next time I am going to see if they can customize my burger order. I would love to have a combination of the Shroomin but add the Buttermilk Blue Cheese Fondue sauce & maybe some Bourbon Onions. Might be too much going on with the Creamed Horseradish sauce but maybe not!

I upgraded to the Duck Confit Fries. They were delicious. I think it cost an additional $3. I didn't notice any actual duck meat but what I think is that they might have used the fat of the duck to fry them in. They almost melted in your mouth. The accompanying Garlic Aioli was very, very good. Would love to always have some of that with my fries or the Blue Cheese Fondue!!! Not a huge ketchup fan...

We ate at the bar. It was busy on a Friday night even after 8 pm. We were just going to have a drink while we waited for a table but we scored a couple of seats at the bar & decided we would just eat there. When my husband checked in, the hostess said she could text us when our table was ready. I thought this was a great option b/c that way if we decided to do something else, we could have texted her back & let someone else have our spot. He texted her that we opted for the bar & then followed-up by telling her verbally.

We opted for beer but they offered some great looking cocktails. Many handcrafted with muddled ingredients. Their Bourbon selection was immense. You wouldn't need to take a trip on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail when you could just plant your rear here & sample a variety! Of course you wouldn't experience the different distilleries...

I read in a review that it definitely has a loud atmosphere which I concur with but I liked the lighting and stone & brick accents. The loudness wasn't necessarily a bad thing just what it was--people enjoying themselves on a Friday night. You could still enjoy your conversation & not worry about anybody else's conversation.

Definitely looking forward to going back!

PS Also had the S'more Shake... although fun to look at it wasn't so special that I would ever order it again.