“Great place / great food”
Review of Stock and Barrel

Stock and Barrel
Ranked #3 of 1,193 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We offer a relaxing and upbeat atmosphere for you to experience our version of "locally grown" gourmet, craft burgers. For the whiskey connoisseur, we have chosen a wide range of bourbon options to choose from. We offer them neat, on the rocks, or mixed with fresh ingredients to create our interpretation of traditional cocktails. For the beer drinker, we offer a wide selection of draft, craft beers to choose from along with multiple domestic beer options
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Great place / great food”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The burgers and duck confit fries were awesome - My husband had the bison burger and I had the cheeseburger - I had the Gluten Free bun and it is the first time I ever had to wonder if they made a mistake - that good a bun!!! (no mistake). The wines are pricy by the glass but reasonable by the bottle. The bourbon list is HUGE - the only difficulty for Hubby was choosing.
The room is small but we were comfy. The server was great. Would definitely go again. There is a wait if you are there after 5:30 to 6.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ann D

Sevierville, TN
“Great Little Burger 'n' Bourbon Joint in Knoxville”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I like good burgers & this place has it! My husband had The Greek which was made with Lamb burger. It was wonderful. I think I liked it better than The Black & Blue. Let me preface it by saying that it too was very good but I am not a huge bacon fan (oh the horror!). If you like bacon you should enjoy that aspect of this burger. Next time I am going to see if they can customize my burger order. I would love to have a combination of the Shroomin but add the Buttermilk Blue Cheese Fondue sauce & maybe some Bourbon Onions. Might be too much going on with the Creamed Horseradish sauce but maybe not!

I upgraded to the Duck Confit Fries. They were delicious. I think it cost an additional $3. I didn't notice any actual duck meat but what I think is that they might have used the fat of the duck to fry them in. They almost melted in your mouth. The accompanying Garlic Aioli was very, very good. Would love to always have some of that with my fries or the Blue Cheese Fondue!!! Not a huge ketchup fan...

We ate at the bar. It was busy on a Friday night even after 8 pm. We were just going to have a drink while we waited for a table but we scored a couple of seats at the bar & decided we would just eat there. When my husband checked in, the hostess said she could text us when our table was ready. I thought this was a great option b/c that way if we decided to do something else, we could have texted her back & let someone else have our spot. He texted her that we opted for the bar & then followed-up by telling her verbally.

We opted for beer but they offered some great looking cocktails. Many handcrafted with muddled ingredients. Their Bourbon selection was immense. You wouldn't need to take a trip on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail when you could just plant your rear here & sample a variety! Of course you wouldn't experience the different distilleries...

I read in a review that it definitely has a loud atmosphere which I concur with but I liked the lighting and stone & brick accents. The loudness wasn't necessarily a bad thing just what it was--people enjoying themselves on a Friday night. You could still enjoy your conversation & not worry about anybody else's conversation.

Definitely looking forward to going back!

PS Also had the S'more Shake... although fun to look at it wasn't so special that I would ever order it again.

• Visited December 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Burgers, Bourbon, and Beer!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I ate here twice in three days and everything was outstanding. Waitstaff was great, the bartenders were friendly, and the selection of whiskey was amazing. Start with a whiskey, get the messiest burger you can find on the menu, and wash it down with one of their great selection of craft beers.

Visited November 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Stick to the burgers and Confit Fries”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

First, this review should really be a 3.5 if I could give it. I really wanted to rank it higher, but in the end, I just couldn't. At least not this visit.

I will start off by saying that the burgers are great. I got the classic bacon burger and my wife got the Hurt Locker. Both were excellent. Both were cooked to order. Based on the burgers we got, I really don't think you can pick wrong on the burger menu. The duck confit fries are also a must.

The service was also good. We were seated quickly, served well and the manager checked on us.

The problems were minor and some were based on taste but added up. The fried pickles are sweet pickles which just came across a bit sickly-sweet. The onion rings...no taste at all. I gave one to my wife and she couldn't taste anything either.

My wife had a mixed drink and it was obvious that the liquor pour was too heavy compared to the rest of the drink.

And the atmosphere is cramped. I am all for cozy and understand how each seat equals $ but there was almost no elbow room between tables. I was very conscious of the fact that I was bumping into our neighbor's table to get in and out and I am not a large guy. I think a lot of this is caused by the wall/bench seating, but it seemed like the layout was poor. I think I could have fit more tables more comfortably.

Overall, I think that I will return for another burger and duck confit fries and stick to beer with the food.

• Visited November 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great burgers”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Sort of a small place. Might have to wait for a table. Great local farm fresh meat and buns for their hamburgers. Also, a Bourbon bar with many different kinds. A little expensive but well worth it for that special burger

Visited October 2013